I'm just asking for your opinions, when do you think is the best time for someone to start or join a band? Has in playing ability.
Any time after you get an instrument is a good time to get in a band, so long as all the members are about the same level. This is so you can all grow as musicians and friends.

Dysania:
The state of finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning.

Want that on a shirt? Check out my DistrictLines online store, Asixex

For that exact shirt, click here

ESP/LTD H-51
CRATE G-40-C
DIGITECH DF-7

Many people say that joining a band is the best way to improve. Try and find musicians about the same level as you or slightly better.
Hey Stuart,

I personally started a band with my friend at the same time we started playing guitar. I progressed, band members came and went, and I learned a lot from it.

If I had to choose again, I wouldn't hesitate to make the same decision, even though we broke up not so nicely.

Just start a band if you want too, cause it's a good learning experience and can be a lot of fun.

Also, you might want to post your query in this forum:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56

It's all about band related stuff, and the problems that come and go with it.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by mrbabo91
Many people say that joining a band is the best way to improve. Try and find musicians about the same level as you or slightly better.

This. Start or join a band as soon as you can. It's the most fun a musician can have. I'm not guaranteeing that your first band will be good, but it's fun seeing yourself improve individually as well as seeing the band improve collectively
I hate my sig
Start early, you'll make some shit tunes and you'll look back and laugh but it really helps playing with people to get a sense for how a band works. Each band has a work ethic and a feel to it, but at least if you'vebeen in a band you'll know what to contribute and what not to do.

Try to play with slightly better musicians, it'll rub off. In the year i've been at college, my playing has improved dramatically from playing with great groups.
Always waiting for that bit of inspiration.
Im in my first band and we're crappy as hell, but it's also the most fun we (3 of us) have.

Hey you guys keep saying "find people at your level or better" but how do i compare a drummer to my rhythm guitar stuff?
Quote by Stuart90
Like learn what?

Playing in time with others, choosing a good tone and volume, learning to know when not to play. All kinds of stuff. If your goal is to be in a band, practising being in a band helps.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3