Let's talk about Noel Gallagher's band. I've given the new singles a listen and they're quite good, actually.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - If I Had A Gun

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - AKA... What A Life!

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - The Death Of You And Me

Anyone else heard them? I'm looking forward to the album, whenever that is arriving.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
The obvious comparison has to be made, and whilst I do prefer High Flying Birds over Beady Eye, neither come close to Oasis (a band I hardly like, at all).
Nontheless, I quite enjoy 'The Death of you and me' every now and again.
Please let me keep this memory, just this one ..
My favourites are If I had a gun and AKA.. what a life!

Noel said that of all the tracks on the album, there's only one guitar solo, and I think he said that he didn't play it but I'm not too sure.
I thought The Death Of You And Me was great. Better than Oasis' recent stuff. But I can't see them reaching their 90's heights.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
I think his new songs are pretty good, looking forward to the album.

As for Beady Eye. I wouldn't lose sleep if they stopped making music.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Yeah, i think the new stuff is good and i'm looking forward to the album.

Is it just me or does The Death of You and Me sound a hell of a lot like The Importance of Being Idle..?
When the days they seem to fall through you well just let them go....
I personally like "If I had A Gun." I'm excited for the album coming out.

We also get to here the final version of "Stop the Clocks."
Quote by colinzeal
Yeah, i think the new stuff is good and i'm looking forward to the album.

Is it just me or does The Death of You and Me sound a hell of a lot like The Importance of Being Idle..?

First thing I noticed. Out of the two songs, I think I prefer The Importance of Being Idle.

"If I had a Gun" is my favourite track so far.
Like AKA...What a Life the best. Looking forward to the album, it's been a long wait!
It's gonna be a blue day
Excited for the album. I think I'm most excited to hear what "Everybody's on the Run" will sound like. The acoustic soundcheck for that was sick.

About the Oasis vs Beady Eye vs High Flying Birds argument:

I think that I prefer Noel Gallagher's solo music over Beady Eye's because Noel Gallagher can still sound very good singing. I think the break up would've happened anyways because Liam was (is?) getting worse at singing. The last few Oasis albums were very hard to listen to because you could hear Liam struggling so much. Thats why pre-Standing on the Shoulders of Giants Oasis is so easy to listen to. He used to have a great voice but now it's just... meh. That's why Noel's songs were so much better than Liam's songs on the past Oasis albums (except for Gas Panic). So even if Oasis got back together would they really be that amazing?
Don't mind my username. I actually hate Sublime.
Quote by sublimeisgood
(except for Gas Panic).

I love that song. Fantastic lyrics.
The Death of You and Me didn't get me very excited, just seemed like the radio friendly first single. What A Life is good, would never of expected anything Noel did to sound that sort of commercial, or even dancey. Great track though. If I Had a Gun is beautiful, really loving that tune and looking forward to the album especially Everybodys on the Run, Stop the Clocks and I Wanna Live in a Dream.
Quote by sublimeisgood
Excited for the album. I think I'm most excited to hear what "Everybody's on the Run" will sound like. The acoustic soundcheck for that was sick.

About the Oasis vs Beady Eye vs High Flying Birds argument:

That's why Noel's songs were so much better than Liam's songs on the past Oasis albums (except for Gas Panic). So even if Oasis got back together would they really be that amazing?

Noel wrote Gas Panic

I don't think they'd be as critically acclaimed, but in my opinion Dig Out Your Soul is phenomenal, especially the song's Noel sung on it.
Album is out atleast on spotify. What do you guys think? By the second listen or so I was quite pleased. If I had a gun and the death of you and me remains my favourite tracks.

I was also a bit disapointed by the incredibly hyped "stop the clocks" song which I've heard about since the 90's. It doesn't stand out much.
Got the album yesterday. I just love the songs he writes, always have done. His melodies and delivery never disappoint.
I miss Oasis, even [Flameshield] Liam [/Flameshield]. And Beady Eye is too much of a Beatles-wannabe band.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
I don't see anything special about this. Just seems like a shitty rehash from a shitty band.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Finally gave the album a listen. It's everything you expect from Noel. A pleasant listen and pretty good album.
It's gonna be a blue day
Noel's album is definitely very good, there's just not enough guitar (for his standards). Beady Eye doesn't have the musical genius that Noel has, and Noel doesn't have the in-your-face attitude that Liam has. They will get back together when they both listen to the chorus of "Acquiesce."
I forgot to mention, does anyone think this album was produced badly? The album seems like it has no dynamics and sounds brickwalled. Not to mention, the drums are pretty bland, too. Great songs though.
^Nah I think the album has been well-produced. You can definately hear more dynamic variation than in all of the Oasis records. The tunes themselves and the production have combined well to make an album where it does get quiet and loud in all the right places.
Yeah the s/t wasn't bad at all. Way better than that atrocity Liam threw up earlier this year.
beady eye mite be the worst ive heard. i think noel's solo album sounded exactly as expected, which i think is good. solid album thats a good listen.
I think the album's as well produced as anything Dave Sardy did with Oasis, but the music/sound suffers from the lack of input from a band.

The drumming's ropey yeah, and it's even more thuddy live. To be fair though, Chris Sharrock is the only drummer Oasis had who brought energy and style to the band - everyone previous had one, but not the other. Not that Chris Sharrock played on Noel's album though.
This summer my little brother bought the Beady Eye cd believe it or not at Target. It wasn't very good. He is a huge Oasis fan. So from what I hear so far, it kinda sounds like Noel's band is better? Is this a fair assumption?
its like comparing apples and oranges really, beady eye have gone for the retro pop/rock n roll crossover album (different gear still speeding = different name still oasis). its really straight down the middle of the road, nothing too experimental or out of their comfort zone. noel's project is much more diverse in sound and genre. best thing to do would just be to have a listen to a few tracks, but yeah - IMO fair assumption.

EDIT; If I Had a Gun, Record Machine, Everybodys on the Run and Stranded on the Wrong Beach would be my tracks to check out from High Flying Birds
Last edited by Abe at Jan 2, 2012,
Quote by Kensai
Let's talk about Noel Gallagher's band. I've given the new singles a listen and they're quite good, actually.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - If I Had A Gun

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - AKA... What A Life!

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - The Death Of You And Me

Anyone else heard them? I'm looking forward to the album, whenever that is arriving.

Back on form...without his tw*t of a brother he can settle into his own and pull off some catchy tunes.
It's been many 8-9 months since Noel's solo album was released and songs like If I Had A Gun, Stranded On The Wrong Beach, Record Machine, Broken Arrow, What A Life, Everybody's On The Run, and the B-sides (The Good Rebel, Let The Lord Shine..., Simple Game...) are still great listens. My current favorite is Soldier Boys & Jesus Freaks, which is actually amazing through a multitude of listens. I'm very pleased with this album. Obviously it's not the same Oasis sound, seems Noel held back on the guitar, but it's a very relaxing album and sounds great live in concert. Overall, it's much better than Beady Eye.....there's really not a dull track on Noel's, but BDi has some head scratcher's.

Oh.....and the collaboration with Amorphous Androgynous "Shoot A Hole Into The Sun" was sick. When I saw Noel in concert, it was played before they walked on stage (kinda like F*cking In The Bushes) and it had this amazing trippy sound to it.
Life on tour in Japan: “Got thrown out of a taxi this morning. At least I think I did. Hard to tell over here. There was shouting and pointing and then the international hand signal for 'Get the f*ck out of my cab, you western dog!'” - Noel Gallagher