I have an RG with an air norton S in the neck position and i have to say im pretty disappointed with this pick up, its really dark sounding and pretty low output as well (compared to my super 2). I was planning to buy an humbucker air norton for another RG but now im re considering that.

are those single coil sized humbuckers anything like the "full humbucker" version, or its just a way to sell some crap pick up by printing "Dimarzio" on it?
Single coil humbuckers are really like humbuckers. But I can't say anything about how the ones you are looking at compare.
It's better to go with a full size humbucker, especially for high gain applications, but the stacked humbuckers aren't without worth. For example, I think they're the best choice in an H-S-H setup for the middle position. I ran a DiMarzio Chopper between two PRS pickups on my Strat for a while and the Chopper kept up volume-wise -- there wasn't a significant drop-off switching between positions.
Hi, I'm Peter
The "stacked" humbuckers on my Jackson are single coil voiced. One coil doesn't contribute to the sound, but to the noise rejection. The single coil size humbuckers I put on my Tele do sound like humbuckers. So I think if you are testing a stacked humbucker for it's humbucker sound you are going to be disappointed, because it sounds like a single coil.
i thought printing dimarzio on it was their way of selling crap pickups.

stacked pickups really depend on what you get.

I have a set that work pretty good but I still prefer a really hot true single for a single coil slot.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by tappooh
I have an RG with an air norton S in the neck position and i have to say im pretty disappointed with this pick up, its really dark sounding and pretty low output as well (compared to my super 2). I was planning to buy an humbucker air norton for another RG but now im re considering that.

are those single coil sized humbuckers anything like the "full humbucker" version, or its just a way to sell some crap pick up by printing "Dimarzio" on it?

it's a real thing. i love stacked singles.
no hum and more output. but to me they sound like
really really hot singles.

not quite like full humbuckers, not like singles.

it really depends on which one you get and what spot you put it
on your guitar, but they are somewhere in the middle.

also, as for the pup you have now.
it might benefit for a position change, or a new wiring configuration.

^^^hey pete
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
A great single coil that does really sound like a humbucker IMO is the Bareknuckle Sinner. I installed it in my Strat a few months back and love the thick sound I get from it (Expected as it is about 21.5K output)
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly