Just wondering, since I do not have one at home but I am interested in a semi-hollow body guitar, but will the Sheraton ii cause a lot of feedback running through a Marshall JCM 2000? I have read a lot about them, but it seems pretty inconclusive as to what they do. Some like the feedback, which I would welcome moderate amounts of feedback, just nothing that is overbearing. So, fellow UGers and Sheraton ii users, what do you think about these guitars? are they worth the purchase? Thanks for all the help in advance.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
It will feed back more readily than a solidbody, so yeah, if you crank the gain or stand too close at stage volumes, it's going to squeal. If you're playing loud on a small stage, you're probably going to hate it. If you're at home or have a decent sized practice or gig space, it's totally manageable. In most situations, it's not a big deal to keep the feedback controllable.
thanks for the immediate feedback. I wanted one but at the same time I think that I would regret it because of said feedback, it would eventually be annoying, without the purchase of a hum debugger or something of that nature.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
A hum debugger won't help with feedback. Something like the NS-2 can keep some of the smaller squeaks and squeals away, but if you're using a hollowbody and high gain, no pedal is going to shut it up.

I'd strongly suggest trying this out at guitar center if they're not busy and will let you crank the amp, or maybe even buying one at GC and returning it if it doesn't work with your rig. Tolerance for feedback varies a lot by person and rig so you'll know right away if it works for you, but it's tough for us to help beyond the basics.
I have one. It will feedback like any semi or fully hollow but only when cranked to the point where I can feel it in my gut. Never tried it with a Marshall of any kind. I have a '99 and it's a solid guitar with an awesome neck.
It won't squeal excessively, unless you've got the gain dimed, and you're standing right in front of it. The squealing's easy to counter by just keeping active on the guitar's vol controls.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage