Page 1 of 2
The rule to define the youngest that a romantic interest can be before the relationship is indecent.
26-year-old Barbara waited patiently until Jack turned 20, fulfilling the half-your-age-plus-seven rule, before pursuing him romantically.

And for those of you that are bad at maths:

So do any of you ones follow this rule? According to the rule I can't get with a girl younger than 16, which is fine with me really since if there's no grass growing on the field I won't play.
generally i thought with most men the rule would be

"as long as they are legal".

So , i think its a silly rule.
Yeah, I'm not really in a position where I interact with a whole lot of chicks that age anyways. Plus it's annoying as shit for people on both ends (when you know a dude who's dating a high school chick, or you have a friend who's dating some dude waaaay older than her).
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
My lowest age is 16, and that's as low as i've gone.

Woohoo.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I like dem older wimminz. That's how I roll.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by SkepsisMetal
I'd struggle to define anyone much younger than 17 as "hot"

This.

I wouldn't really go lower than 18. Though if a nice 17 y/o threw themselves at me (unlikely) then I might not say no. Just for shits and giggles you understand.
This chick I know who´s 15 has sex with guys who are like 25. I don´t like it, but maybe that´s just me.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
I'm not really going after any 17 year olds. I think there's a line somewhere, and I don't feel like crossing it.

Unless she's like....a way hot 17 year old. I can make exceptions.
I see no problem with this.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
18 for me. I'm cool with that.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
I think this rule is just idiotic. I have dated women who were 10-15 years younger then me, and I've dated women 12 years older then me.

As long as it's legal who cares.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
In school the rule seems to be no more than one school year below, although now im 18 if i stuck to that rule id be a paedophile
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by GuitarViking
This chick I know who´s 15 has sex with guys who are like 25. I don´t like it, but maybe that´s just me.

This ruined my day.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
In school the rule seems to be no more than one school year below, although now im 18 if i stuck to that rule id be a paedophile

No more than two school years below seemed to be the general rule in mine.

And the bold part made me
I think it just really depends upon the people. Just like the argument about how many kids a parent should have before it's considered irresponsible. It just depends upon too many things for there to be an accurate rule. And I think that applies to lots more things, too.

But I guess this is a good guideline for not being seen as a creep.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
balls roll smoother along the field when there's nothing to slow them down

If there's grass on the field, play ball. If not, play in the mud.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
I try to follow it as a guideline but it seems a bit pedantic to me to judge possible relationships based on some formula that has no real meaning. Out of all of my close friends the one with the most successful relationship so far was a guy who dated a girl who was 3 and a half years younger than him (14 when he was 18), four years later they still spend every moment together and are likely to get married soon.
Quote by RetroGunslinger

You don't know what pedophilia means, do you.
Quote by Ahteh
You don't know what pedophilia means, do you.

By law where he lives , wouldn't he be charged with having relations with a minor?

That's where the law needs sorted IMO. you could be a 17 year old one day with a 16 year old girlfriend and then 1 day passes and its suddenly illegal. It's very odd.
Quote by burghUK
By law where he lives , wouldn't he be charged with having relations with a minor?

That's where the law needs sorted IMO. you could be a 17 year old one day with a 16 year old girlfriend and then 1 day passes and its suddenly illegal. It's very odd.

It's possible that he would, but that has nothing to do with pedophilia.
Quote by UraniYum

I don't think I have ever been more confused after seeing a gif, it shows no reaction whatsoever
You're graph is way off, I'm 40 that would mean 20 + 7 = 27. Doesn't match the graph at all...

edit: Sorry, I'm drunk and just bad at reading graphs...
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
Last edited by von gelb at Sep 21, 2011,
Quote by burghUK

I'm pretty sure in some places there is a 1-2 year gap where sex can be legal (i.e 18 year old can have sex w/ 17 year old). I can see why the current law exists but it seems a bit ridiculous to me considering how many people start having sex around 16-17 (or younger).
It means I can date 19-year-olds, which seems fine. I could go down to 18 to be honest
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
18 is the lowest I'll go, but it's only half a year above what my lowest is, anyway.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I can go to 18. I'm with a 22 year old. I am 22.

Time for a younger model?

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

22/2 + 7 = 18. Yeah, that's quite a realistic and logical line for me. Anyone younger than that is basically a kid in my eyes.

I don't even remember the age of two of the girls I've been with. And I've only been with 4
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Wife is 13 years older than me, so right now it's right at the "rule", but when we started dating and got married, I was younger than that would have been. Age is just a #, what matters is the mentality of the individuals involved in the relationship.
I find it weird to date younger peeps. But I'm good atm.
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
that makes 17-26 for me. meh.

also, what's the point of making a thread about this? everyone already knows of this.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
My boyfriend is 22, but when we got together he was 21 and I was 17, and now I'm 18 so the rule isn't broken anymore. But I think it's a silly rule anyway, people can be different maturity levels at different ages, I think as long as there isn't any laws being broken, like, a 30 year old having sex with a 15 year old, then it's fine. Age is silly.
Page 1 of 2