my local shops got a guitar tech delay in, any know about that for self oscillation? if its crap, anyone know something of a similar price? dont really care about being a decent delay, just want to make some noise
Almost all delay pedals will self oscillate really. I haven't come across one that hasn't been able to anyways. But in my experience, the analog ones tend to sound A LOT better when they self oscillate. I use a Gen 5 Echo by Lovepedal. It's like, 140 new. So you might be able to find one online used for a little cheaper? And mxr's carbon copy is really good as well. Not better or worse than the Gen 5, but different in it's own respectable way. The carbon copy goes for pretty much the same price, but more people have them, so you might have better luck looking for a used carbon copy.
by the time you read this you will be wasting your time because it doesnt say anything
Last edited by hammettrocks at Sep 21, 2011,
I personally think the best delays for self-oscillation are the MXR Carbon Copy and Malekko 616 (and Lo-Fi 616), which are both 150USD. But just about anything will work. I use a Boss DD3, it oscillates just fine. The cheapest I know of, though, is the Danelectro Fab Echo. Stock, it won't oscillate, but there's a very simple mod that makes it just go wild.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
you could try out the joyo delay. cheap and analog voiced. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR7MYH_2NYY

edit: the behringer is also very nice. there was a shootout between a proper dmm and a time machine on tgp and barely anyone could guess which was which.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSCT4poGx3E

the guy shows off the oscillation around 3:50.
Last edited by NakedInTheRain at Sep 22, 2011,
Quote by NakedInTheRain
edit: the behringer is also very nice. there was a shootout between a proper dmm and a time machine on tgp and barely anyone could guess which was which.

the differences were pretty obvious though, to my ears. But it's indeed a decent clone of the DMM if you're on a budget.
Check out the Ibanez DE7. It's extremely cheap, and it self oscillates very nicely. It's also very versatile and nice sounding considering it's price.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X