So I was playing on my Jet City today and then suddenly the sound kinda cut out massively, not totally just to a kind of massive fuzz without any bass. Think of what the stereotype of high gain on a Line 6 spider is and you might get an idea of what I'm talking about

I tried to see what the problem was, it wasn't a tube as they were all lit up fine when the amp is on. I then went to messing around with the controls and found that there was a sweet spot between 6 and 7 on the bass control where it would make it sound like a ball of fuzz and when not in this the position no matter where it was there is just loads of bass.

None of the other controls do this at all, so what the hell is wrong with my amp and how do it fix it??

Cheers, Ed
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
No warranty, got it used

Does that mean taking the whole thing apart??
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Checked the tubes and they're all fine

Oh and btw it did this just suddenly whilst I was playing not as soon as I had turned it on, don't know if that's important or not
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
Quote by shredftw
Checked the tubes and they're all fine

How exactly did you "check" them?

Tubes lighting up is not an indication of them having failed or not.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I took them out and looked at each one individually. Couldn't see any damage on any of them
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
best thing to do is swap some tubes around, spray some contact cleaner on the pins, tap on them with the eraser end of a pencil and listen for the tapping coming through the speaker. that said, it still sounds like a bad/dirty bass pot.
Quote by shredftw
I took them out and looked at each one individually. Couldn't see any damage on any of them

Just because you can't see any damage, doesn't mean one isn't dead/dying.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com

What's with people recently deciding that they can look at tubes and decide they work? We've had a bunch of these today.

It does sound like a bad bass pot, but don't think you've ruled the tubes out by looking at them.
Quote by Roc8995

What's with people recently deciding that they can look at tubes and decide they work? We've had a bunch of these today.

It does sound like a bad bass pot, but don't think you've ruled the tubes out by looking at them.

Im Sorry I don't a lot of experience with this.... I didn't know that just looking at them wasn't enough no need to slate me for it...

I'll try cleaning the bass pot, and Angus it kinda is cos now the amp sounds like absolute shite
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults