So, our generation should (hopefully) understand the issues with fossil fuels, greenhouse gases, climate change and the like. Whether politicians want to ignore it or not, it is a problem and it isnt going away. It is at this point, up to our generation to do something, as the side effects of ignoring the repercussions are starting to appear.

This thread is to discuss a sustainable lifestyle and ways to achieve it, better helping our planet and everyone around us.

So i was thinking this opening post will have ways to be more sustainable, im looking for more ideas to include, so lmk and ill add em in.

We can discuss the science, theories, and debate the truth around the science involved as well.

Sustainable List
  • Fluorescent Lightbulbs: Fluorescent lights use a susbstantially small amount of electricity in comparison to tungsten filament, as well as lasting longer and having a more natural colour.
  • Bike/Walk: Sounds obvious, but how often have you driven your car to a friends house who is in walking distance? i know i have, even this small amount of burnt fuel adds up, biking and walking saves money on fuel, as well as being good for you physically.
  • Recycle: pretty obvious, reduces strains on fossil fuels and mined materials
  • Locally grown groceries: Local food doesnt require the transportation as imported food, as well as stimulating your local economy
  • renewable and recycled materials: Buy items made from renewables and recyclables, skipping the mining process is exceptionally good for the environment.

anything you already do to lessen the load on the environment?
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Sep 21, 2011,
I would like to do these things but my budget (I'm a student) is not enough for it. I am however a vegetarian and I try to minimize my use of resources.

When I get a job later, I will repay my debt to the earth.

/trying to seduce the hippy females.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
No i'd rather keep jerking off with petroleum-based lubes, thank you very much
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Stop taking all the ****ing drinking water from my state. Or just don't buy bottled water!?!!?!?!?
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Limit time on the internet to 30 minutes a day. Not only will this save electricity, but it will provide you with ample time to catch up on your school studies and to participate in enriching physical activities, bro.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Limit time on the internet to 30 minutes a day. Not only will this save electricity, but it will provide you with ample time to catch up on your school studies and to participate in enriching physical activities, bro.

That'll happen.

I get angry at people who pollute, and i plan on someday speaking out about the environment and getting lots of money from it

TBH i'll happily jump on the green bandwagon when it comes around, except Italy is a f*ckhole and i'm too busy dealing with idiots to worry about being eco-friendly
the whole local food thing is highly debatable
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn
the whole local food thing is highly debatable

then debate it

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
then debate it

nah it's really boring
i don't know why i feel so dry
Don't waste tissues, wank into your socks.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Eastwinn
nah it's really boring

thought so

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
For a minute I thought this was going to be a thread about how Zeitgeist is the best film ever, than I'm a sheep and that a resource economy is in fact viable.

I'm so glad it isn't.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by JimmyBanks6
then debate it

For one, currently where I live.. as it stands, there isn't at least where I life enough land to fulfill that. Now take into for-granted that if we switch to it. Major cities will kill off the surrounding towns, and if you say ' well all the surrounding towns are just the farmers, and they can sustain themselves" you're horrible wrong. not to mention given Boston, for example there isn't enough empty land or farms to grow enough food to supply the whole city.

Then you through in Regional foods, places that can't grow oranges, want the whole northern part of the world to get scurvy? or corn in the arctic circle? there is a lot more examples of this.

I'm not saying the idea is bad by any means, but doing so would require taking back society to a earlier level. Want to solve the problem, look at politicians and lobbyists for oil company s. Need to long distance transport something on non oil based combustion? Liquidized Hydrogen. Its no more dangerous to the consumer than gas, its the most abundant and renewable resource we have, and its by product is water.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
I drink bottled water as I tow my boat with my Suburban. I'm making up for your sustainable lifestyles.
Quote by Cb4rabid
I just seriously do not give a single ****.

cheers.

other than ethan_hanus you are probably the most uneducated user on the site, so it doesnt surprise me!

Quote by Sinister Waffle
For one, currently where I live.. as it stands, there isn't at least where I life enough land to fulfill that. Now take into for-granted that if we switch to it. Major cities will kill off the surrounding towns, and if you say ' well all the surrounding towns are just the farmers, and they can sustain themselves" you're horrible wrong. not to mention given Boston, for example there isn't enough empty land or farms to grow enough food to supply the whole city.

Then you through in Regional foods, places that can't grow oranges, want the whole northern part of the world to get scurvy? or corn in the arctic circle? there is a lot more examples of this.

I'm not saying the idea is bad by any means, but doing so would require taking back society to a earlier level. Want to solve the problem, look at politicians and lobbyists for oil company s. Need to long distance transport something on non oil based combustion? Liquidized Hydrogen. Its no more dangerous to the consumer than gas, its the most abundant and renewable resource we have, and its by product is water.

there are obvious exceptions, you arent debating the bike aspect, but it is pretty clear you cant bike in some climates and some areas

the scurvy comment is a joke, nowhere did i say completely avoid every food not locally grown, but to eat more locally grown (yes it is very obvious some areas have no locally grown food ) also, there are many ways to get vitamin C that isnt oranges, or imported foods.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
other than ethan_hanus you are probably the most uneducated user on the site, so it doesnt surprise me!

I am okay with this.
pinga
Quote by JimmyBanks6

Says the guy who voted for Harper yet makes a thread on sustainability. >_>
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Says the guy who voted for Harper yet makes a thread on sustainability. >_>

NDP have the corporations dicks up their ass and Liberals are extremely corrupt, not to mention Ignatieff almost always condescending on the whole country every time he opens up his mouth.

It really was a matter of there is nobody else, i actually tell my friends that id likely be liberal if they didnt always have such jokes running their party (Trudeau, Cretien, Ignatieff, Possibly Rae in the future) like wow, now lets not turn this thread political however. (also gun laws, that instantly makes me no longer vote for them)

Also, if you think any of the parties would change the sustainability of our country...

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
NDP have the corporations dicks up their ass and Liberals are extremely corrupt, not to mention Ignatieff almost always condescending on the whole country every time he opens up his mouth.

It really was a matter of there is nobody else, i actually tell my friends that id likely be liberal if they didnt always have such jokes running their party (Trudeau, Cretien, Ignatieff, Possibly Rae in the future) like wow, now lets not turn this thread political however. (also gun laws, that instantly makes me no longer vote for them)

Also, if you think any of the parties would change the sustainability of our country...

Pretty sure the Conservatives have the corporations dicks further up their ass. I wasn't, I was just taking a passing shot. btw nice sens roster bud enjoy the prolonged tank it sure is working out for florida, edmonton, etc.

Sustainability is coo', but I'm not going to make my life more difficult when, even though I am wasteful, that pales in comparison to corporations and such. If I changed my habits it would mean jack shit.
Quote by JimmyBanks6

there are obvious exceptions, you arent debating the bike aspect, but it is pretty clear you cant bike in some climates and some areas

the scurvy comment is a joke, nowhere did i say completely avoid every food not locally grown, but to eat more locally grown (yes it is very obvious some areas have no locally grown food ) also, there are many ways to get vitamin C that isnt oranges, or imported foods.

I didn't debate the bike, as its not exactly that bad for certain people. I live in a Small town and the nearest store is ta least 15 minutes away, and thats a gas station. the local grocery store caters to rich people, so to go to get affordable food its 30 minutes. thats impossible to bike and walk with the amount of food needed to make that trip usefull ( I'm talking time wise in a car going 40 mph). If I was in a city I would probably have a bike, and when I need to carry something, such as my gear have a Smaller city car.

I know you didn't but there are many people who want to push the extremes on the subject. I still feel we don't need to revert to that, but get a new resource for combustible fuels. We would need to accomplish this by disregarding Oil company however because I doubt they'll give up their empire for the sake of a better world.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
that little interest?

pretty sad to say the least

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
I like people with sustainable lifestyles. They live spartan lives so we can all live in decadent luxury.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS