It seems impossible to catch o nto guitar let alone being to play guitar along with other guitarists.. Seems like it cant be done so much to learn.
i suggest you stop considering trying to learn so much, and simply start learning some chords. learn only 3 at a time if you're overwhelmed. A, D and E or G, C and D are good starting points. with either 3, you can play a good number of songs.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by patticake
i suggest you stop considering trying to learn so much, and simply start learning some chords. learn only 3 at a time if you're overwhelmed. A, D and E or G, C and D are good starting points. with either 3, you can play a good number of songs.

caged

good advise.

once u learn the basics then worry about playing with others. its not as hard as you may think. i know thats easy for us to say but with practice it will just suddenly click.

if you want to start learning how to play with others start your music theory training early. learn what a "chord progression" is. if you wonder how people solo while other people are playing then look up "keys" or "playing in key" and "scales" these are a few basic theory areas to get you started. visit musician talk and ask specific questions there, and search the side for lessons. Its always good to just look up beginner top rated lessons and just read everything that pops up.

music is like everything else that you can get better at. u just have to learn a little bit and then continue to build on what you know. then build on that. then build on that.
Blues, classical, metal. Who says you cant love all 3?