Now i know that the length of the guitar strap is really all about preference and it varies from person to person but how do you find that sweet spot that's gives you perfect reach?

I've been playin on and off roughly 10 yrs and when i first started i would play with the guitar at my waist, this is the year I've REALLY gotten into it and the waist playing position isn't comfortable anymore l, I've raised it up to about where my diaphragm is, and its too high, anyone got any tips.to finding a comfortable playing position?
I had to shorten my strap after I started getting tendonitis. I have it high enough now so that my wrist remains straight and that pretty much fixed the problem.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
You basically just gotta play around with the lengths and see what you like best, possibly angling the guitar to get a good feel of it. Just mess around.
Fender Deluxe 72' Telecaster w/ SD SH-4 JB
humbucker in the bridge position running through....
--
Crate FlexWave 120H
Marshall 1960A 4x12
Boss TU-3
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet
BBE Green Screamer
MXR m109 6-band EQ
MXR m135 Smart Gate
for me it depends on guitar shape. Strats seem comfier higher than les pauls or V's etc.
For nice reach (and balance ) on my xiphos though i tend to have the headstock level with my head.
Quote by add666
for me it depends on guitar shape. Strats seem comfier higher than les pauls or V's etc.
For nice reach (and balance ) on my xiphos though i tend to have the headstock level with my head.

HOW THE FÜCK HIGH DO YOU HAVE THAT GUITAR O_O
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Yea i got an epiphone its not as comfortable as the fender body i got used to for all those years, which is probably why i played it at waist level. This epi is kindve akward in balance and.
I've found that the sitting down and adjusting method works so thanks Supersac.
Quote by Tunder250
HOW THE FÜCK HIGH DO YOU HAVE THAT GUITAR O_O

Just a bit higher than this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHWcQuONmbs.

The xiphos is a beautiful playing guitar, but in order to keep it from pointing straight down at any point in time it needs to be A) high and B)anchored by the right arm.

My other guitars sit a little lower.
Quote by add666
Just a bit higher than this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHWcQuONmbs.

The xiphos is a beautiful playing guitar, but in order to keep it from pointing straight down at any point in time it needs to be A) high and B)anchored by the right arm.

My other guitars sit a little lower.

ohhh, its a X-shape..

when i tried to put it higher with my LTD, i thought it looked very loser-like ( like playing guitar like all bass players.. )

I always have it like supersac said
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Me and my other guitarist play mostly the same kind of stuff. When we jam we shred and all that including sweep picking. He has his guitar up way high and i have mine pretty low. Sweet spots will differ from person to person.