Hey guys, I have my heart set on a small body all solid mahogany acoustic guitar. My budget would be about £600, may be willing to go a bit more. Right now the new guild m120E is what I may go for, although I was also looking at the tanglewood TW133 which is a lot cheaper, and may look to stretch to something from the Martin d15 series second hand. It will be used mainly for blues, strictly fingerstyle. I have played the guild m20 before and loved it, however I haven't played the others, so any experience anyone has would be appreciated. Any advice at all on the aforementioned guitars plus any new suggestions would be great, thanks!
the guild m120e is more expensive because it's acoustic electric. why not look into the guild m120 or the previous model, the guild GAD-m20, as there are some still out there. one thing that may or may not matter to you is that the tanglewood is 12 frets to the body, and the guild is 14. wish i could tell ya anything about the tanglewood, but i've never seen one yet here in the states.

btw, that's the 15 series - the d15 is the dread. and to my ear, the 15 series sounds less bright and focused, with less presence. i once played a 1926 15 series parlor, and it had a lot more focus than the new ones, and had more bass and less brightness, more like my blueridge.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by patticake
the guild m120e is more expensive because it's acoustic electric. why not look into the guild m120 or the previous model, the guild GAD-m20, as there are some still out there. one thing that may or may not matter to you is that the tanglewood is 12 frets to the body, and the guild is 14. wish i could tell ya anything about the tanglewood, but i've never seen one yet here in the states.

btw, that's the 15 series - the d15 is the dread. and to my ear, the 15 series sounds less bright and focused, with less presence. i once played a 1926 15 series parlor, and it had a lot more focus than the new ones, and had more bass and less brightness, more like my blueridge.

Thanks for that, yes I know and the pickup would be a preference, not too bothered if 12 or 14 fret. Sorry I was referring to the Martin 00 size, thanks for your help!
if you don't need a cutaway, you can always add an aftermarket pickup. btw, not sure if you get bedell where you are, but i was impressed with the bedell performance OH-12. it's all solid sapele, which a lot of "mahogany" guitars actually are, and it had a nice tone. had the neck been just a tad wider, i'd have bought it for sure, but it's about the same size as the m20.

here it is
http://www.bedellguitars.com/performance-series/parlor/bedell-oh-12-g-acoustic-guitar
a bit larger than the m20, but not much.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Wow the Bedell OH-12-G Acoustic Guitar looks great but unfortunately it doesn't look like I would be able to get it in the uk. Ye the cutaway isn't really important, and I would likely be installing a pickup later on anyway.