At the moment, I have a Boss Me-50. But it's not quite cutting it when it comes to my sound. The presets are good at times, but when playing a song you can't properly chnage tones because it pauses very briefly... Still enough to be put off by it. Watching reviews of the Pod, it doesn't seem to do this at all. So thats a plus 1 to the pod in my books. It also has a much larger range of distortion sounds, as well as having the amp sounds built in. Will help at rehearsals, as I won't have to chug my amp everywhere, can just plug straight into the PA.

What I'm wondering though is if anyone has experience in both, what would they suggest doing? Keeping the Boss or going for the Line 6
the POD is a really good MFX pedal!!

I would definately buy it...

It has loads and loads of options..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
I've got the ME-50 and it suits me fine - I've heard about the pause, but I'm told it only happens if you're using patches which I don't bother with.

Lots of people recommend the Line 6, also check out Digitech's range - the RP355 is very highly rated & probably the one I'd consider if I wanted to change.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
IIRC the ME-50 is a pedal simulator, meaning it's pedal oriented. But the Pod is a amp sim/ patch oriented multifx. I have an RP1000 but don't use it where I need to switch patches while playing. I could check it to see have fast the patch switch is.

The Pod HD series also has dual amp sims plus multiple control assignments per switch. So you can actually do a lot of instant tone changes without changing patches.
Quote by Ghold125
The HD500 would be a great buy, and there would be virtually no lag between patches and such. I used to own a Pod X3 live for a short time, and was happy with everything, except for the fact that my tone would change to much plugging into various sound boards.

moved

He posted it in a other thread xD
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
The HD500 would be a great buy, and there would be virtually no lag between patches and such. I used to own a Pod X3 live for a short time, and was happy with everything, except for the fact that my tone would change to much plugging into various sound boards.

copied and pasted from the other thread I posted in....
Do you need amp modeling?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
That's like comparing a Dodge Viper to a Dodge Neon.

The ME-50 is a really old, outdated MFX, that honestly doesn't sound that great, and isn't that functional. The POD HD500 is basically the best MFX out there in that general price range. I personally prefer the Boss GT-10, but there is no denying that the HD500 is a really good pedal. Definitely the best in terms of amp models and realisticness.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X