Page 1 of 2
I was wearing my 08 tour shirt when I found out :/

sooo I'm cursed/gifted apparently. any bands anyone wants broken up?
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
They will be missed! At least they arent going to ruin their reputation by clinging on for too long though
Aw that sucks, even though I haven't listened to them much recently =/

Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff

Guns n Roses.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Good for them for not continuing on just for the sake of continuing on. I wish more bands had the sense to know when "it's time".
sad times - i don't follow the world of REM closely but i did find this surprising. Still better to breakup than turn into a walking freak show like the Rolling Stones.
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Well if anyone wants to go see them tour now, I'm afraid you're Out of Time...
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Quote by Lewisw3
They will be missed! At least they arent going to ruin their reputation by clinging on for too long though

As an R.E.M. fan I can say that they've been clinging to it for a few records now. I mean Collapse Into Now wasn't a terrible record, but I bought it purely because it was a new R.E.M. record.

Still sad though, now nobody will be able to tell me what the frequency actually is and who the hell this Kenneth guy is
I guess all the good bands end early.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Maybe they just said that 'cause it's been a bad day..
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Damn I love REM

My family loves them and my parents actually went to a party with Michael Stipe back in college when they were just starting out. My dad is obsessed, has all their albums, singles, etc.

Shame. Glad I got to see them live though, even if it was for a meh album.
Quote by Krieger91
Maybe they just said that 'cause it's been a bad day..

he'd appreciate it if you wouldn't take a picture.
Seriously one of the most underrated/under valued bands ever. They're super great/important and have put out some great albums.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Sad news, but it's been coming for a while now. I first read a couple of years ago they'd started talking about it occasionally. Better to end it while it's still good than to cling on to what it once was.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff

Nickelback. I know it's torture to wear a Nickelback shirt in public, but take one for the team. please.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by wizards?
As an R.E.M. fan I can say that they've been clinging to it for a few records now. I mean Collapse Into Now wasn't a terrible record, but I bought it purely because it was a new R.E.M. record.
Accelerate was rad imo

Quote by Spud Spudly
They should have packed it in after Green.
before automatic and monster?? no wai
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
Quote by mental_zer0
he'd appreciate it if you wouldn't take a picture.

Seriously though, that is sad news.

I like the band, my parent like the band, they've been around for quite a while, and have done important things..so it's sad to see them go.

On the other hand, I'm impressed that they quit now, rather than carrying and going downhill.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by fearofthemark
Nickelback. I know it's torture to wear a Nickelback shirt in public, but take one for the team. please.

This, please for the love of god.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Why the hate against Nickelback?
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Whhhaaaa-

Oh well, they couldn't have picked a better time. They had a bit of a bleh period in the late '90s but Collapse Into Now was a good closer. It'd be another story if they disbanded just after Around The Sun or Accelerate.
Aww.

Gardening At Night is an underrated song.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by thewho65
Whhhaaaa-

Oh well, they couldn't have picked a better time. They had a bit of a bleh period in the late '90s but Collapse Into Now was a good closer. It'd be another story if they disbanded just after Around The Sun or Accelerate.

I'd be terribly upset if Around The Sun was their "legacy closer". Such a boring, MEH album. That was the one I saw them touring for. Good show but oh my it was a sleepy one.

Now, Accelerate and CIN are good final albums. They pulled it together for the last ones.
ITS THE END OF THE BAND AS WE KNOW IT

(for the record, i don't really feel all that fine about it)

edit - V Who asked you, ****in mink?
Last edited by Mack56 at Sep 21, 2011,
Quote by Minkaro
Always seemed very dull to me.
You've always seemed very dull to me.

How do ya like that?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Noooooooooo what will the shiny happy people listen to now?
Deeply saddened by this news. Ive grown up with REM, my mum used to play me there records when i was young. Not saying they werent a popular band but i dont think they got the attention they deserved.
Is it hot in here??

This one time in Dubai.....

Quote by Drakathan
Why the hate against Nickelback?

Because they've made a carrer making the same old generic radio crap for the past number of years, and can hardly turn on the radio without hearing one of 5 songs they play of them. Their early stuff wasn't too bad, but now it's just lazy as hell song writing, overplayed, corny, genric pop-rock band. Very similar sounding songs.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

shame, pretty much the soundtrack to my childhood.
now extra flamey
Page 1 of 2