Page 1 of 3
Why are there people who truly believe in aliens? Is it like religious fanatics (trolololol) or is there actual proof that some secret government is try to hide from the masses?

I have a friend who believes, but can't show me any evidence. So Pit now I turn to you. Prove or disprove the theory that aliens are visiting the earth.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Aliens after ;

Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
^ Holy shit. It must be true!

edit: wait that looks like ... plastic.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Sep 21, 2011,
Quote by genghisgandhi
Math. I don't think they've been here, but I do think they're out there.

Absolutely.
Dude, where's my band?
Are you saying you don't believe in the very reasonable possibility that other life forms don't exist in this huge universe with billions of planets?

Seriously, we can't be the only ones here.

edit:
didn't see the last part about aliens visiting earth.
I don't know. I doubt it. It's possible I guess
Quote by genghisgandhi
Math. I don't think they've been here, but I do think they're out there.

This thread is about aliens who have visisted the earth. How can math solve that? The theorem of aliens do actually exist and visit the earth?

^ reread op. Last sentence.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
Quote by Neo Evil11
Why are there people who truly believe in aliens? Is it like religious fanatics (trolololol) or is there actual proof that some secret government is try to hide from the masses?

I have a friend who believes, but can't show me any evidence. So Pit now I turn to you. Prove or disprove the theory that aliens are visiting the earth.

You want the Pit to do something humanity has yet to do?

...not really
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
Last edited by davrockist at Sep 21, 2011,
Quote by guitarage
http://www.disclosureproject.org/

This isn't proof but probably the most credible source of material out at the moment.

I will try to read it. Strange though that Assange has not made any files public about aliens.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Well, my personal opinion is that believing that aliens have been here in no more stupid than being a part of an organized religion.

To be fair, some people believe that stories in the bible can be interpreted with extra terrestrial beings and astronomical events. It makes sense, and just depends on your philosophy. Not all people who believe in extra terrestrials deserve to be called tin-foil hat wearing idiots.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Neo Evil11
I will try to read it. Strange though that Assange has not made any files public about aliens.

I thought a document was leaked that had like one passing line about extraterrestrial life in it?
Quote by davrockist
You want the Pit to do something humanity has yet to do?
..not really

Only in this wretched hive of scum and villainy can the truth be found.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Ignite
Are you saying you don't believe in the very reasonable possibility that other life forms don't exist in this huge universe with billions of planets?

Seriously, we can't be the only ones here.

edit:
didn't see the last part about aliens visiting earth.
I don't know. I doubt it. It's possible I guess

Do you believe in the very reasonable possibility that there is a teapot floating about in orbit? I find that an absence of evidence is often evidence of absence (though obviously not in all cases).
Quote by captaincrunk
Do you believe in the very reasonable possibility that there is a teapot floating about in orbit? I find that an absence of evidence is often evidence of absence (though obviously not in all cases).

Knowing all the other space junk laying around, I think there is a rather real possibility of there being a teapot in space.
I can't prove anything but I also can't believe that we're the only life in the universe. It's impossible.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Knowing all the other space junk laying around, I think there is a rather real possibility of there being a teapot in space.

Who brought it there? Sounds like quite a bad investment for the NASA to bring a teapot into orbit.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Dirge Humani

Yet even knowing this, if I asked you "Is there a teapot floating alone in orbit?" you, as a reasonable person, would likely say either "no" or "probably not".
i saw a UFO once, man. it was awesome. it just hung in the air. then, it sent me a message. big, bright yellow letters. it told me that i was going to have a good year. and the weird thing was, i was the only one freaking out about it.

wait a sec! good year?! ah, it was a terrible year, man! stupid aliens!
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Pat_s1t
Agree 100%.

You can never prove something 100%. Unless ofcourse aliens actually visit the earth, but then you can obviously not prove that you are not delirious.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Vypor
To be fair, some people believe that stories in the bible can be interpreted with extra terrestrial beings and astronomical events. It makes sense, and just depends on your philosophy. Not all people who believe in extra terrestrials deserve to be called tin-foil hat wearing idiots.
Nah that seems pretty idiotic to me
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
Quote by Dirge Humani
China dumps space junk all the time.

Do you know the costs of dumping junk in space? Surely a trench in the sea would be cheaper.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
In an infinitely large universe, it's unlikely that there is no life except us (although we can't rule out the possibility that we're all alone).

However, the odds that life exists close enough to reach us in...oh, say, five thousand years of travel or less, are not impressive.

The odds that life exists in the universe sophisticated enough to get from its home planet to Earth and has the desire to do so are about the same as my odds of getting a three-record deal, winning the lottery, having a threesome with Allison Scagliotti and Orianthi and being hit by lightning, all on the same spring afternoon.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
I don't believe every word of the program Ancient Aliens, but they do raise some flags about certain things in our past.

How come every civilization on Earth that has a written history starts with "someone came from the stars and put us here for" such and such reason? Then all of a sudden when we cross over into the technological age, we just dismiss it and say that we're the smartest things in the universe and there's no such things as aliens.

Civilizations knew things about certain stars and galaxies that we couldn't even prove until 50 years ago or so, and they knew these things without telescopes thousands of years ago. That kind of thing to me deserves an otherworldly explanation.
Last edited by xHellbound at Sep 21, 2011,
Quote by Neo Evil11
You can never prove something 100%. Unless ofcourse aliens actually visit the earth, but then you can obviously not prove that you are not delirious.

he was agreeing that he also thinks there are aliens out there. how can he not prove 100% that he believes something to be possible?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Dirge Humani
If its already up there and they don't need it, might as well dump it.

But how did it get up there? I was under the impression that satellites do not need teapots.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by theogonia777

he was agreeing that he also thinks there are aliens out there. how can he not prove 100% that he believes something to be possible?

The first word was math . I thought they were talking about how big the chances are.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
But how did it get up there? I was under the impression that satellites do not need teapots.

So you would deny the astronauts their tea?
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
Quote by davrockist
So you would deny the astronauts their tea?

Yes, a teapot is not efficient enough for astronauts.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by xHellbound
I don't believe every word of the program Ancient Aliens, but they do raise some flags about certain things in our past.

How come every civilization on Earth that has a written history starts with "someone came from the stars and put us here for" such and such reason? Then all of a sudden when we cross over into the technological age, we just dismiss it and say that we're the smartest things in the universe and there's no such things as aliens.

Civilizations knew things about certain stars and galaxies that we couldn't even prove until 50 years ago or so, and they knew these things without telescopes thousands of years ago. That kind of thing to me deserves an otherworldly explanation.

They didn't even know what the stars WERE. If anything, they were really dumb.
Quote by Dirge Humani
If its already up there and they don't need it, might as well dump it.

It's actually pretty shitty that it is done.
Quote by Neo Evil11
Yes, a teapot is not efficient enough for astronauts.
maybe they have NASA super efficient teapots. made of.. adamantium.
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
Page 1 of 3