Page 1 of 2
Does anyone shave with a straight razor? It is something I have been thinking about getting into for a while and was wondering if anyone else shaves with one. It's old school, it's badass, and it seems like the best way to get a close shave. Are there any fans of this method?
If I shaved that's how I would do it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████

and nope, never seen one for sale anywhere, but then again, I haven't looked
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
Do you know who else had a thought like this? Ichabod Crane
Quote by MangoStarr
i think i love you
Beware of jugular.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by ctb
I use a machete.

It's ctb!!!
Long time no see, man, what you been up to?
I don't know, my razors seem like they work fine.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Kensai
It's ctb!!!
Long time no see, man, what you been up to?

I haven't really been anywhere. Just off UG. lol
I've just been inspired to purchase a straight razor once I have the money.

Mmmmmm

Quote by ctb

I haven't really been anywhere. Just off UG. lol

EVERYBODY'S COMING BACK AT ONCE
I'd probably cut my ****ing artery with one of those things. I'd go with a safety razor; similar to the straight razor, but with more control.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
I don't think it's worth the bother. Kinda reminds me of people under 50 who smoke pipes.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by ctb
I use a machete.

stole my line

well, you're ctb so it's fine
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
I'd trust a proper barber with one, but not my own judgement. When you occasionally cut yourself with a "safety razor", using a proper blade is just asking for trouble.
I've been thinking about trying it. At least once, to see if I like the results. Safety razors just don't cut it for me. :/ (lol c wut i did thur?)
I was about to pull the trigger but the more information I read, the more I was convinced it wasn't for me.
If you're not careful, you can easily cut off a nose wing.
They require some maintenance. To hone them is not very easy, then comes all the strapping.
And since I have curious kids, I thought the risk was too high to let it be lying around in the bathroom.

So I bought a Merkur 39C Slant Barber Pole. Together with Feather (known for their scalpels) blades, I get the most comfortable shaves although I have barb wire instead of a beard.
If you invest in a few good shaving soaps (get rid of that chemical goo in a can) you're set.

I can recommend a good forum where you can get more info.
Just because I have some strong opinions doesn't mean I agree with everything I say.
I prefer gay razors

OT: Be careful... I heard that they're ****ing awesome though once you learn how to use it.
I consider Bics to be dangerous enough, thank you very much. You have balls if you're considering using a straight razor on your own face, man. It scares me when my barber does the back of my neck.
Dude, where's my band?
Quote by K Reyn
Does anyone here know how long it takes to learn to use one? How bad are the cuts when you mess up?

Takes weeks to get used to it, years to master it. The cuts range from mild to the Tories in goverment.
Quote by Kensai
Takes weeks to get used to it, years to master it. The cuts range from mild to The Tories in goverment.

Well that's the best metaphor I've seen in a while.
My beard is sufficiently weak that it can be maintained with an electric, so I see no reason to change to a

holy tits is that ctb
Quote by crazy8rgood
I've just been inspired to purchase a straight razor once I have the money.

Mmmmmm

EVERYBODY'S COMING BACK AT ONCE

I have several vintage ones, worth well over $1000. I used to use them to shave, got one of the nicest shaves ever, until they started to get dull...which dull for these things is just razor sharp, and then it started to hurt to use them to shave. I don't have a hard leather belt to sharpen them on either, and those cost like $100..so yeah...not anymore.
I don't shave much since I have a beard. I usually just shave a bit around the neck area to avoid having the dreaded neck beard.

I don't really see the need for a straight razor anyway. Seems much easier to use the disposable kind.
Quote by daytripper75
I don't shave much since I have a beard. I usually just shave a bit around the neck area to avoid having the dreaded neck beard.

Don't knock the neck beard bro.

If it works for Rex Grossman, it'll work for you.

And for the record, crazy8 > ctb
Quote by daytripper75

I don't really see the need for a straight razor anyway. Seems much easier to use the disposable kind.

Global warming bra, you are causing waste by using disposables, in our disposable society, where nothing is ever fixed or used again, we just throw it away and buy a new one.

It saves money, since you'll have it for the rest of your life if you can take care of it. The old guys knew where common sense was at when it comes to reusable items.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Global warming bra, you are causing waste by using disposables, in our disposable society, where nothing is ever fixed or used again, we just throw it away and buy a new one.

It saves money, since you'll have it for the rest of your life if you can take care of it. The old guys knew where common sense was at when it comes to reusable items.

Like I said, I don't shave that often. I typically am just using an electric trimmer to keep my beard neat.

I'd rather invest in a nice electric razor if I was going to be shaving often.
Quote by Våd Hamster
holy tits is that ctb
Quote by genghisgandhi
And for the record, crazy8 > ctb
No christmas card for you this year.

I don't like shaving that much. I've wanted to try using a razor some time, but I'm too much of a wimp, so I used electric. :p
Page 1 of 2