Poll: do metal bands have groupies
Poll Options
View poll results: do metal bands have groupies
yeah i suppose so
32 29%
haha what a dumb question, of course not!
13 12%
only male groupies
16 15%
only the sell-out bands that write love songs and shit
10 9%
FUX you man metal rulezz brooo! *29-minute guitar solo*
10 9%
as long as you look good posing with a guitar girls will always be on your jock
29 26%
Voters: 110.
Page 1 of 2
was thinking about starting a metal-sounding band but only if actual girls will show up to our gigs. i look around at some metal shows and its just a bunch of bearded smelly dudes headbanging. **** that scene man. whats the hell's the point of being in a band if your only playing to guys?

What's the point in being in a band if you only care about getting laid?
yeah, but only in scanadinavia
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
my speed picking runs get all the bitches
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
WOW you're a douchebag

If by start a metal band, you mean start a crabcore-autotuned shit band with swept hair, tight pants, and same V neck shirt as your other band mates THEN yes, girls might come to your show.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
I've been a few metal shows and there were hot girls there.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Pagan-Pie

I believe you have answered your own question.
Yeh to be honest you do sound a bit dim, and just to let you know, if you can't get laid by yourself, its unlikely a band will help.

Edit: darkstar2466 you have just shamed UG for everyone
Last edited by ProgFripp74 at Sep 21, 2011,
Quote by Pagan-Pie

wow this is a dumb question lol
You want chicks? Don't do metal, do post-hardcore/emo-core stuff. There are tonnes of teen scene girls that love bands like Asking Alexandria and others like that so if your worried about not getting in, grow your hair like Oli Sykes and form a band. Boom!!!

if you're steel panther, then yes
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Do metal bands have any fans in general?
Is it hot in here??

This one time in Dubai.....

All the cool cats know you dont even need to know how to play...

As for metal bands getting groupies, of course they can, provided there music is good and provides them with enough money to have copious amounts of booze and blow around, everyone knows groupies are only around for the free partying. Chance are though you could put a "Free Cornhole" sign around your neck, walk into a San Francisco bath house and still not get laid. Cheers.
The two metal shows I've played have both had a dude to lady ratio of about 5:1
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Quote by Naruto00121
You want chicks? Don't do metal, do post-hardcore/emo-core stuff. There are tonnes of teen scene girls that love bands like Asking Alexandria and others like that so if your worried about not getting in, grow your hair like Oli Sykes and form a band. Boom!!!

this, pretty much what I said.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
It depends on the sound of your metal.

Norwegian Death Metal - you don't want the fat ugly chicks with beards who follow you around

commercial Metallica sounding metal - you'll get mostly males, but a few hot chicks who want to be rebels.

glam metal - you will be swimming in chicks.
Quote by ProgFripp74
Edit: darkstar2466 you have just shamed UG for everyone

Well... that's the fastest way to groupieland.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Typically, women are mostly into music you can dance to as opposed to headbanging. Play something melodic (actually melodic, not "melodic death metal" or whatever that shit's called) and fun and you'll be set.

EDIT: Your poll... only "sell out bands" write love songs and melodic stuff?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I was in a metal band for 2 years. We mostly only had dudes go to our shows, but got a group of 2-3 chicks who would come to most shows. Just play a lot of local gigs and if you see girls in the crowd during your set then talk to them after you play. Tell them when the next show is and whatnot.
Nah mate, I reckon the reason 'real metal' people make such a fuss about being 'real metal' is cos they get no girls, so are offended when better looking lads play 'fake/fag/scene/sell out metal' and still get girls. If you want respect as a metal band, you'll be at a sausage fest. If you write good music with a metal edge, and don't purposefully appear overtly metal (eg. needlessly messy big hair, stupid leather get ups, looking generally angry) then girls will like it. I hate to say it, but studs and slayer tees only win you friends amongst other guys with studs and slayer tees.
Dude, where's my band?
Quote by iup788
Norwegian Death Metal

lol
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Depends. Core variations of metal? sure, probably more chicks than guys even. If you play tr00 black or death, I wouldn't count on it.

That somehow makes me think, the new djent/progcore thing that Periphery, Tesseract and whatnot are riding seems to be quite balanced when it comes to fan genders. It always seem pretty 50/50 attendance when I go see bands like them.
Quote by Våd Hamster

That somehow makes me think, the new djent/progcore thing that Periphery, Tesseract and whatnot are riding seems to be quite balanced when it comes to fan genders. It always seem pretty 50/50 attendance when I go see bands like them.

cuz they're awesome

the way i see it, extreme branches of music are going to attract extreme branches of fans. bands like Periphery, Tesseract, Btbam and the like encompass more than just the "extreme" side of music and thus are able to attract a wider variety of audience.

i've seen plenty of chicks at btbam concerts...more guys of course, but females were very present
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Våd Hamster
Depends. Core variations of metal? sure, probably more chicks than guys even. If you play tr00 black or death, I wouldn't count on it.

That's weird. That doesn't seem right. Do those bands have ridiculous haircuts and makeup by any chance?
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I attend lots of underground metal gigs and there are always a healthy number of women there. Sure, there's usually a majority of guys, but that's not really surprising.

Furthermore, only a complete ****ing idiot gets into music to get women. If you're a stupid ugly bastard, then being a stupid ugly bastard in a band isn't going to get women to sleep with you. Unless you're Gene Simmons or something.
Quote by killjoy_bentley
was thinking about starting a metal-sounding band but only if actual girls will show up to our gigs. i look around at some metal shows and its just a bunch of bearded smelly dudes headbanging. **** that scene man. whats the hell's the point of being in a band if your only playing to guys?

Go for the Attack Attack! sound/scene and you'll get hella fine scene girls.
Quote by Waterboy799

i've seen plenty of chicks at btbam concerts...more guys of course, but females were very present

This! They were all with their boyfriends though.
more melodic ish metal bands, these girls i know are obsessed with those japan vkei bands that are all caked with makeup and studio hairstyles

its sort of funny, i used to be only into metal, fast rock/ punk and such, and now that i met a girl i like whos into this stuff i got all into girly pop.
I dunno, why don't you ask one of the four chicks sucking my dick right now.

there are currently no women fellating my penis
I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.

Quote by Burgery
That's weird. That doesn't seem right. Do those bands have ridiculous haircuts and makeup by any chance?

It's probably more because of it being very melody-based music with dominant clean vocals. Technical enough to keep the music geeks interested and not so br00tal that it scares away their girlfriends. Or something.
Chicks love men whose passion and craft in life is actually a shallow tool to get them to take their clothes off.
Create a band like One Direction or JLS and you will only have female fans. Screw the music it's all about the groupies.
wow TS you're a posing douche. if you actually cared about music you wouldn't give a shit that there's no groupies. grow up this isn't 1983 on the sunset strip ffs.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W