Hey guys!

I have the opportunity to buy a used PAF Pro and a new Evo 2 for €90 ($126/ £79/ 121 AUD/ 123 CAD)
What do you think? I'm looking for extreme versatility but within reasonable price... I've heard different reviews on both so I'm hoping one of you might steer me in the right direction.

My guitar's body is basswood with a bound rosewood fretboard and a locking tremolo. (for those interested)
i think that'd give u a pretty killer tone for the price. the evo will be crunchy and higher output and the paf pro will be nice for clean work or silky smooth leads
Ok thanks guys! Actually, I've heard from another person that the Evo mightn't be as versatile as I'd like and I'd be better to hold out for a D Activator... any comment?
Last edited by conor-figgy at Sep 21, 2011,
Still far better than what is already in your guitar.

go for it, then sell the EVO and buy something else.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Still far better than what is already in your guitar.

go for it, then sell the EVO and buy something else.

Cheers guys!
If one of them is used, I would think you could get them for a lot less than $126. A new set of Dimarzio/ Duncan level pups is like $150.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

he is practically getting 1 free

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
look at how versatile steve vai's playing is. the evo's are his signature pups. i'd say they're pretty damn versatile
Quote by VanTheKraut
If one of them is used, I would think you could get them for a lot less than $126. A new set of Dimarzio/ Duncan level pups is like $150.

Well, if I was to buy them now, both new... it would cost:

PAF Pro - €83 (£72/ $111)
Evo 2 - €73 (£63/ $98)
-----------------
Total - €156 (£132/ $210)

That's not including shipping.
Sucks you guys over the pond get shafted. DiMarzios here in the States are like ~$72 new, probably close to €50. At that price, I'd say go for it.

Also, you live in Kilkenny? You bastard! (South Park joke....)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
i don't think the evo 2 is all that versatile. Paf pro is pretty good for versatility, though.

but as tom says, you're getting a pretty good deal and you could always sell the evo 2 and get a different pickup if you don't like it.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?