Alright guys lets hear them, whatever you got. The key word being band and no Lil Wayne is not a band or a musician for that matter so don't say him or anything like him. In my opinion the most underated band is a British 1970s band called UFO they got the skill of the great Zeppelin and no one knows them. As for the most over rated i would have to say Kiss. Now i no alot of people love them its just my opinion there shows are next to none but the music just isn't really that great in my opinion (but don't get me wrong i still like them.)
bauhaus are pretty underrated, they were really revolutionary.
Steve vai's pretty overrated in some ways, i mean yeah he's a good guitarist but his music's dull as ****
Quote by ErikLensherr
It's threads like this that separate grammar Nazis from only mildly anti-Semitic grammar conservatives.
The Searchbars.

On topic, I would say the most overrated is absolutely Led Zeppelin. Don't get me wrong, I love the Zep, but the amount of praise heaped upon them is absurd. As for underrated, I would have to say The Dillinger Escape Plan is pretty underrated, although that may be because their music is utterly indigestible to nearly everyone.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by 95thFallout
and no Lil Wayne is not a band or a musician for that matter so don't say him or anything like him.

really
Quote by High&Mighty
Lil B

Y'all best be talkin about underrated.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Overrated: Mozart

Underrated: Arthur Honegger
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by turncoat60%
really

Yes really i hardly find talking fast a talent although some may disagree.

Interesting comment about Zeppelin and i partially agree i feel there a great band but maybe overated and Steve Vai well all i can say is i wish i played like him period :P
Quote by 95thFallout

Interesting comment about Zeppelin and i partially agree i feel there a great band but maybe overated and Steve Vai well all i can say is i wish i played like him period :P

lol
Most underrated rock band ever:

the mighty THIN LIZZY!!
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
inb4 the beatles as overrated and btbam as underrated

Edit: Dammit nothingrocks. Still half-works though.

There are a bunch of local acts I would call underrated. Talking about cult following-type bands though, while no solo artists does trim down the list for me(Whether it's because rock likes bands, or just bad luck, there are a lot of guys who toured under their name with talent, but didn't get huge), Ok Go comes to mind. It's weird stuff, and not very guitary, but they do more than awesome music videos. They make good music, too. The videos just tend to blow the music, and most other things, away, so you don't hear much of it.

Again, plenty of solo artists I can think of, but not many bands.

Overrated, honestly, Linkin Park. Most artists I don't like I can still enjoy parodies of, and often I can enjoy the music the same way I enjoy bad movies. But I just can't find anything I like about these guys. I know it sound dickish, but the bad songs are so bad they can't be so-bad-its-good, and the good songs are in that weird little area where it's good enough not to be bad, but bad enough that it's not enjoyable.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by Swannie
Most underrated rock band ever:

the mighty THIN LIZZY!!

Yes! Thin Lizzy is my favorite all time classic rock band!
Overrated? The Beatles. Good, but more groundbreaking than anything.

Underrated? David Hasselhoff.
Quote by necrosis1193

Overrated, honestly, Linkin Park. Most artists I don't like I can still enjoy parodies of, and often I can enjoy the music the same way I enjoy bad movies. But I just can't find anything I like about these guys. I know it sound dickish, but the bad songs are so bad they can't be so-bad-its-good, and the good songs are in that weird little area where it's good enough not to be bad, but bad enough that it's not enjoyable.

I like LP, but the 15 year old fangirls do make them a bit overrated

I quite enjoyed the hell out of A Thousand Suns
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Can we have better more original bands if were gonna do this again?
I dont think enough credit is given to the cure.
Too much credit is given to lady gaga
Quote by ProtoCosmos
Overrated? The Beatles. Good, but more groundbreaking than anything.

Underrated? David Hasselhoff.

For the love of god can we not use the beatles before i kill someone. get baked and listen to abbey road and tell me youve ever heard something like it

Here comes the sun king should be called here comes a the wtf and herp derps
Quote by The Madcap
My reaction to anyone who says the Beatles.

Thank you, that put a much-needed grin on my face.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by 95thFallout
Alright guys lets hear them, whatever you got. The key word being band and no Lil Wayne is not a band or a musician for that matter so don't say him or anything like him.
Quote by 95thFallout

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by OptionParalysis
Underrated: CKY

Overrated: ACDC

Exactly what I was going to post

Also, overrated (in my opinion) Iron Maiden, just the same to me it seems
over rated - the beatles

under rated - the bee gees (pre disco)

im deadly serious.
Most underrated: Porcupine Tree are well-loved on this site, but they're almost unheard of among people I actually know. Seems to me they have something for everybody, and it's all done exceptionally well. Piano-based pop? Spacey, drugged up prog? Weird-meter metallic explosions? Check, check, and check. Fear of a Blank Planet + Nil Recurring together make one of the greatest musical works ever. Gavin Harrison makes my nipples hard.

Most overrated: Journey by a landslide. I don't think there's another right answer. They're absolutely terrible, but so are many other bands. What gets me is that I can barely go a day without hearing Don't Stop Believing on the radio, in a store, on someone's headphones, being sung by a tone-deaf construction worker that takes WAY TOO LONG IN LINE AT QDOBA, SHIT!, etc.

And I'm going to say that Between the Buried and Me are both. Underrated by those who say "Sure it's technical, but it's all just randomly put together," and overrated by those who listen just BECAUSE it's technical. It's not that technical (trust me, if I can play it it's not THAT bad) and it's not that random. Even if both were true, neither would make them my favorite band (which they are).
Quote by winterXsolstice
under rated zao, over rated most "classic" rock bands

I'm with you. The J Geils Band is way overrated. I never got the obsession with them.
Quote by burghUK
over rated - the beatles

under rated - the bee gees (pre disco)

im deadly serious.

are you comparing the two or something? the beatles made acid rock imo. the beatles after revolver arent the same beatles. is that where people go wrong? they listen to 1 and think oh the beatles must make great pop songs only. well, listen to the white album or abbey road or sgt peppers.