I've recently noticed GC has no listing for many models I look up, notably the ESP Horizon, ESP NV, Ibanez RG920QM....

Interestingly, SamAsh carries all these. What's the deal?

PS:
How big of a difference is there between an Ibby RG Prestige and an RG Premium?
The DiMarzio IBZs that come on the RG920QM, how good are they?

Thanks!
Most likely, if GC doesn't carry it, MF does.

GC owns MF, so if you have to go to MF to buy it, they make money off of MF, instead of it just being useless and being shut down.
Where's Waldo?
dude. its 1 store in 1 location. no store can carry everything. they just carry a large variety and probably vary their inventory based on a history of purchases. if 1 location sells every single ESP they bring in, chances are they will start carrying more and more ESPs. its common sense.

also, sometimes business decision dictate inventory. for example, every same ahs ive been in has an AMAZING selection of gibsons. i mean custom shop gibsons, flame top semi hollow custom shops i mean gibsons ive never even seen in magazines. breathtaking.

on the other hand they didnt have 1 PRS. in the local GC, they had 2 walls filled with PRS guitars. must have had at least 50 easy.

oh yeah and the sam ash near me has 4 rickenbackers. they said they had to special order them. only time ever ever seen one in person or not on a stage. they are darn nice, but jesus, i really dont see what all teh fuss is about. yeah they are amazing. but rickenbackers have a semi mystical reputation. they are hard to get, expensive, only a few people use them, and everybody agrees they are great.

ok.
Last edited by ikey_ at Sep 21, 2011,
Quote by chadreed32
Most likely, if GC doesn't carry it, MF does.

GC owns MF, so if you have to go to MF to buy it, they make money off of MF, instead of it just being useless and being shut down.

They have identical selections, if its not on one site, and is on the other, its just an error.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by Sinister Waffle
They have identical selections, if its not on one site, and is on the other, its just an error.

They must have so many errors then, because I've seen a bunch of guitars there that weren't on GC's website before.
Where's Waldo?
Major retailers like GC base their product stock on market research and sales history. Each sales territory is different, so each retailer will have differences in stock. If the guitars you're interested in aren't stocked at your local GC, it's probably because they won't sell. Differences in the stock of GC and Sam Ash can probably be atributed to competition.

Whatever the retailer,if they don't stock the model you want, they'll be happy to order it for you.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
Quote by Rainmaker31
I've recently noticed GC has no listing for many models I look up, notably the ESP Horizon, ESP NV, Ibanez RG920QM....

Interestingly, SamAsh carries all these. What's the deal?

PS:
How big of a difference is there between an Ibby RG Prestige and an RG Premium?
The DiMarzio IBZs that come on the RG920QM, how good are they?

Thanks!

Difference of japan made or indonesian. Japan made ibanez's are top of the line.
Never tryed the pups but most pickups made in part with ibanez seem to be shite.
My buddy plays a 1000$ indo made iceman, I play a 650$ (used) mij rg and would not change a thing. He wants one too. Although like almost every ibanez I had to swap pups.
actually they are shifting almost everything to the musiciansfriends site.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by Rainmaker31
PS:
How big of a difference is there between an Ibby RG Prestige and an RG Premium? Thanks!

Prestiges tend to have better pickups and the prestige neck is way different. Also, the prestiges more often have a better trem.
GC can order you just about anything from any company they do business with. They tend not to catalog ESP guitars because they're expensive and they concluded that they wouldn't sell enough of them to make it worth stocking them in quantity. They've already got a boatload of high-end guitars and basses from other manufacturers that they aren't likely to sell anytime soon. But if you want one, ask your local GC to get it for you and they'll probably oblige. However, you might get a better price from a stocking ESP dealer.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Cause Sam Ash > Guitar Center.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Cause Sam Ash > Guitar Center.

...... GC didnt try to convince me that an EC1000 is the same thing as a MiJ ESP Eclipse II, even though i knew better..........
Quote by Seanthesheep
...... GC didnt try to convince me that an EC1000 is the same thing as a MiJ ESP Eclipse II, even though i knew better..........

Sam Ash didn't stalk me around their store shoving Spiders and MG's in my face. Sam Ash stocks guitars I actually like, while GC just carries Gibson, Fender and Schecter.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Sam Ash didn't stalk me around their store shoving Spiders and MG's in my face. Sam Ash stocks guitars I actually like, while GC just carries Gibson, Fender and Schecter.

I dont know, ive only had 1 experience with sam ash and it was that, meanwhile, ive only ever had good experiences with GC athough thats from a total of 2 collective visits to 2 different stores. so thats my stand point, although i know alot of people think the opposite
I've had only one bad experience with Sam Ash. Employee didn't know what an ABY pedal was.

I've had consistently bad experiences with GC. The one near me is just a terrible, terrible store.

But mostly I was just arguing for the sake of arguing. I've figured out a long time ago it just depends on the store. Some GC's are good, some Sam Ash's are good.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X