46 44%
About as hard as I thought it would be
46 44%
Much harder than I thought it would be
12 12%
Voters: 104.
Page 1 of 2
Quite simple question:

Is college/university as hard as you thought it would be?

Also, this was inspired by this (non-OC) comic I saw.

Last edited by The Madcap at Sep 22, 2011,
Coursework: A tad easier than I expected.
Waking up for early classes: I'd rather experience childbirth.
No. But the college I go to accepts monkeys I think, so i'm not surprised.

I am however not going to work on this research paper that's due tomorrow afternoon until tomorrow morning.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
It's hard but not in the way I expected. I was used to having school dominate half my day and having other shit to do. Now I get twice as much work that's harder, but it's taught well and I have enough time.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
hmm, hard to say. Probably not.

Every year of education has been easier than anticipated really, people make a massive deal out of your last year in high school and that was cake...

Uni definitely ramps it up a LOT but its still easy to get at least credits and distinctions without too much effort.
I'm going to say that it started out easy, maybe easier than secondary school, but it gets harder. I'm a senior in college now, and I have an internship, plus other field experiences and I'll probably have close to one hundred pages of writing to do this semester. Last semester I had over one hundred.

I also factor the difficulty in of commuting with my cities shitty public transit and the cost of doing so. This wouldn't be a problem if I could work more, which I can't because of my internship and tons of papers.

Sleep less/School more.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by SecondCivilWar
Coursework: A tad easier than I expected.
Waking up for early classes: I'd rather experience childbirth.

Kinda this.

Some of the work is much easier and some of the work is quite a bit harder and the rest is just different. Hard to say, but I'm not too stressed at the moment.
I don't know. I never thought it was going to be hard and so far I'm right. Maybe as I get deeper into my major some challenges will pop up.
It's about what I expected, perhaps a little easier. It is definitely a lot of fun, though, so I don't mind putting in the extra work compared to what I had to do in High School.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Freshman year was ridiculously easy. Difficulty ramped up quite a lot after that.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
man i'm not doing shit right now and it's kinda freaking me out cuz i know i'll prolly get owned on my midterms
i was told by my high school teachers that it was hard, but i never believe them when it comes to stuff like that, so i'd say about what i expected.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I'm going to a University that crams a semester into 10 weeks every time. I don't think it's hard. The combination of procrastination and working and hanging out with people around me results in a perfect amount to fill the day. I've only stayed up til 4AM doing homework once.
At times it's ridiculously easy. But at others you've got three papers due one week and four exams and you freak the **** out.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
It wasn't hard until this semester. And that's only because I decided to take an idiotic amount of units, many of which are languages.
I can't tell if its easier, I think its pretty even level with what I was doing in high school. The longest paper I have ever written was still in high school. I think my high school teachers had me so scared of college that now its seems easy in comparison to my expectations. I am a senior in college now and I still feel high school was probably harder, my GPA is higher now than it was in high school too.
I think it's about as hard as I expected it to be. The biggest part is adjusting, though. I'm a freshman music performance major though, so I don't expect the difficulty to skyrocket because I enjoy doing what I do.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
I go to art school so while academically it's far easier, I spend far more time doing homework than I did in high school and my drawing classes are pretty demanding. It's a very different environment.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
yeah you actually have to study if you wanna get grades and some classes are pretty damn difficult but it really isnt hard at all. got a 4.0 the last two semesters and i pretty much drink and smoke errday
Quote by element4433
At times it's ridiculously easy. But at others you've got three papers due one week and four exams and you freak the **** out.

haha i always do absolutely nothing for the first couple weeks of the semester then all the sudden i got exams and papers due and i feel so lost. i do this every semester too. but once you catch up with everything its not bad at all.
My middle school and high school teachers made college sound like the equivalent of climbing Mount Everest.

And so far it's about the equivalent of climbing a steep but short hill. So it's much easier than I thought it'd be.
Check out my lyrics! (C4C)

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
That's actually the point of this. Tell your inner editor to shut the fock up and just write.
College is way harder and more br00talz than any other school in my life.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Harder actually, but in a wierd way, where it really shouldn't be hard? I'm lazy. Smart but lazy. When I should do homework, I work out, hang out, or play guitar.
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
I can't really say, since I've only been here for a few weeks. But from what I've heard and from what I've experience so far, it's less about how hard college is and more about how easy it is to fail at it.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
I can't really say, since I've only been here for a few weeks. But from what I've heard and from what I've experience so far, it's less about how hard college is and more about how easy it is to fail at it.

^this^
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
Quote by rockingamer2

lol pretty much
I go to college online and, so far, no. Lol. Not that anyone will value my opinion this matter.

But yes, I'm convinced college is easy as ****.
My God, it's full of stars!
It's just what I expected it to be. If you think it's "easy" you're probably not really learning anything.
10x easier than high school imo...4 classes throughout the week for 3 hours a day? Study for each class about an hour, get B's. Write papers last minute, get B's.

Then again I'm only in my second year lol...I assume it'll get harder and I'll be ****ed by my laziness.
The work isn't harder but the whole learn how to manage your time thing is. Too much freedom, too much alcohol.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Depends on the day/week/semester. I recently started working 20 hours a week while taking on a full course load. Most weeks haven't been too bad, but two tests (calc and physics) happened to land on the same day, so I've been having to bust my ass trying to find time to study between classes and work. Overall I'd say it's about as hard as I expected it to be.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
ryan reynolds you lied to me about college life!!!!

ps - I should've gone to boulder
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
I was actually thinking about this the other day and I decided, how do you define hard? That's the major problem. I think the main challenge of university is you have to put a lot of work in to do well, rather than it being mentally draining.
Quote by suckmahnuts
The work isn't harder but the whole learn how to manage your time thing is. Too much freedom, too much alcohol.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. The work is grade 12-tier, but I'm not there every day, and have a LOT of free time in which I SHOULD be using to study. Time management is a bitch as an adult.
Page 1 of 2