I'm trying to sell my Laney GH100L Head, and so far ebay (I've listed it 5 times) has come up with nothing. I was going to start the bidding at 99 cents and set a reserve price, but Australia hasn't had the option of a reserve for years now

It's just the head. They are worth $1800 AU new. Mines around ten years old, and a bit worn. It has brand new power tubes.

I'd like to get $800 for it. Does this sound reasonable?

Is there anyway I can give it a test run on ebay to see how much it could go for?
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
10yrs is pretty old, though it's an almost legendary amp IIRC? I don't know how the older ones compare to the ones made today, but it seems that amp people always seem to appreciate the older models more than the new ones. That in mind, $800 seems very possible.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
sounds perfetly reasonable to me, why don't you list it in the classified section here on UG?
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I wouldn't say legendary, but Paul Gilbert and Opeth have used/are using them, so they can't be too bad. I'm fairly certain that the older ones are made of good quality plywood, while the newer ones have changed. I listed it at $700 and had no bids or even offers

EDIT: The link to my UG add is in my sig

If there's any other sites to advertise (other than trading post) I'd love some suggestions
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Last edited by sammo_boi at Sep 22, 2011,
Oh I remember that site. I'll give it a go
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
people on ebay are always wanting the best deal. because since you can't get in trouble for not paying now, people will bid like crazy, but never actually go for a resonable price. even then, they may not pay.
If it hasn't met the price you asked for on eBay, you're asking too much. Any item is only worth what people are prepared to pay for it.

Search for completed listings of similar items to see how much they go for - you usually find that there isn't much variance in the end price of different auctions for the same item.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Don't bother with a reserve. It puts people off unless you tell them. Just let it go on ebay for how much someone will pay for it if you want it sold quickly.
Quote by GaryBillington
If it hasn't met the price you asked for on eBay, you're asking too much. Any item is only worth what people are prepared to pay for it.

Search for completed listings of similar items to see how much they go for - you usually find that there isn't much variance in the end price of different auctions for the same item.

I strongly disagree with that. It takes the right person to come along. I've seen plenty of stuff go for way more than it should have (when I've been the bidder sometimes) and some sellers get ripped off and have to give stuff away. One week might I get $400 for my amp while the next the right two people could come along and start a bidding war and it goes for $900. Your statement would stand for stuff like iPhones which there are dozens of on at a time, but for one off's like a less than sought after amp it's not true,
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Quote by sammo_boi
I strongly disagree with that. It takes the right person to come along. I've seen plenty of stuff go for way more than it should have (when I've been the bidder sometimes) and some sellers get ripped off and have to give stuff away. One week might I get $400 for my amp while the next the right two people could come along and start a bidding war and it goes for $900. Your statement would stand for stuff like iPhones which there are dozens of on at a time, but for one off's like a less than sought after amp it's not true,

And thats why I said 'usually'. There are always exceptions, but in over 10 years of using ebay I've found that those exceptions aren't very common. I've bought loads of kit on there including guitars, amps, multitrackers and effects units and the prices for similar pieces of kit is normally pretty consistent. The only time you get variances like you mention is when there's a serious upgrade/fault to cause the price to go up or down.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Also, if your amp is "less than sought after", you probably won't get much for it anyway- or was that a typing error?
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
By less than sought after I mean because it isn't a Marshall or well known brand.
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Quote by sammo_boi

you can wait for the "right " guy to come along but i wouldn't hold my breath these days. it's a buyers market these days so i wouldn't count on someone paying way more for something unless it is truely rare. checking the completed auctions and getting an average is the best way to establish true value on ebay. don't think for a minute that buyers aren't doing the same thing and in turn won't go over that price.
Who's greeny?

I put it on gumtree last night. I got a text this morning about the add, but I'm convinced he was a scammer. He wanted me to use Western Union to transfer money to his shipping "agent" to get it sent to Malaysia after he paid me through paypal. Yeah no thanks buddy. Anyone else had this on Gumtree?

I'll stick it in Rave too
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Had a few people try that one when I've been selling cars. You'd think by now everyone knows thats a scam and they'd stop trying!
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud

He never actually mentioned an amp

He said he was interested in my "vehicle"

I bumped the ebay price down to $600
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE