So im looking for an amp around 1000$ (i can buy used). I like bands like btbam, opeth and dream theater. I have been thinking about mesa boogie. Is there any good mesa amps in that price? It needs to be a tube amp.
EDIT:
Ok i may not buy a mesa amp, but are there oher tube amps that are really good for the music im playing and dont cost more than 1000$? Also, i gonna move to a bedist soon, so it would be nice if it had a "silent" button, so i can play "crancked" at evenings.
Last edited by Usernames sucks at Sep 25, 2011,
Have a look at what Bugera has to offer.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Cheap Mesa? I didn't think they existed....
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Mesa don't make amps that sell for $1000 or less new.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
You're not going to find a decent one really, at least not new, don't buy a mesa just for the hell of having a mesa, look around, check out some Bugera 333XL's, or Tri Recs, look at some Peavey 6505's and whatnot.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Keep an eye on the eBay, and Craigslist. You should be able to find a used Dual Rectifier, Tremoverb, maybe even a Mark for that price. The Grailtone Forums also have a Boogie classifieds section you can look at, if you're okay with buying from another forum user.
Find a used F-30 or F-50 if you want a Mesa for (relatively) cheap.

I like the F-30, but I don't use a lot of gain. For clean to a mild slightly overdriven/fat clean sound, I think it sounds great. I can't tell you about high gain sounds, all high gain sounds bad to me so it's not my call as to whether it's good or bad. If med school wasn't sucking my funds completely dry, I'd probably pick one up for myself.

Probably doesn't help for what you are looking for, but if you just want something with the Mesa Boogie name...
Mesa Dual Rectifier Tremoverb, end of story. They can often be had for $800-$1000, and in my opinion it's the FINEST dual rectifier because of the incredible blues channel and the better-than-standard-dual-rec cleans. It was my main amp for a very long time and it's a top shelf amp. There's two on ebay right now (one head, and one combo) that are well within your price range.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
My local GC had a triple recto for 949 used...looked brand new.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
I found a solo 50 rectifier for 750 last year. And its loud as **** for 50 watts.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
Quote by Usernames sucks
So im looking for an amp around 1000$ (i can buy used). I like bands like btbam, opeth and dream theater. I have been thinking about mesa boogie. Is there any good mesa amps in that price?

You should be able to find a used Express 5:25 or 5:50 for about that price. Great amps.
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II, Seymour Duncan Jazz and '59.
ESP Horizon NT II
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Mesa 5:50 Express
Egnator Rebel 30
Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 18
you could get a new mesa cabinet for that kind of money...

mesa's are stunningly expensive new. they are amazing, if they're the right amp for you (that would involve trying one!!!). for me, they are perfect, but I know plenty of people who just dont sound good through a mesa.

try shopping around a little bit first, brands like brugera, traynor, peavey, egnater, blackstar and randall all make excellent heads and combos for metal for the same kind of money that you could spend on a cabinet alone from mesa boogie
If a combo works for you, the F-30 sounds amazing and gets loud as hell. Great in all ranges, from clean to high gain it's tone is fantastic. You can find them used for a decent price.
PRS SE Singlecut w/Seymour Duncans
Epiphone LP plus-top
Ibanez SZ320

Peavey Valveking 100 half-stack
Egnater Tweaker 15

Peavey Millenium BXP 4-string
Last edited by ArcLite at Sep 24, 2011,
Quote by ArcLite
If a combo works for you, the F-30 sounds amazing and gets loud as hell. Great in all ranges, from clean to high gain it's tone is fantastic. You can find them used for a decent price.

Is it a tube amp?
Ok i may not buy a mesa amp, but are there oher tube amps that are really good for the music im playing and dont cost more than 1000$? Also, i gonna move to a bedist soon, so it would be nice if it had a "silent" button, so i can play "crancked" at evenings.