Hey everyone!

Recently came across this relatively unknown band "The Black Lips", you guys heard them?

I think they are one of the only modern bands who truly capture that spirit of early punk and not caring about what's mainstream and what's expected of them. Not only that, but they write very catchy and raunchy tunes!

Check them out if you haven't already done so!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QxwA4ZCioI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBmlpGeWEeQ
Yeah, they're great. Saw them at ACL 2010. Had never listened to them but I was sold after the first song. Intense, crazy energy. Yeah, they carry the spirit of early garage/punk. Like a deranged, early Stones or 13th Floor Elevators. And their lo-fi approach and underrated songwriting ability really make them one of the best bands out there right now.
Sweet, I'm glad theirs a couple of their fans on here! I was going to see them on the 26th at London, but nobody knows of them over here and none of my friends would come with me, so I'm gutted I'll be missing them.

Well said Benjamin, they are definitely one of the most energetic bands, which is what so much modern music lacks. You're so lucky to have seen them!
They're well known in the sense that my roommates who listen to nothing but classic rock know who they are.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
They're well known in the sense that my roommates who listen to nothing but classic rock know who they are.

This.

Yeah they're alright for a fake hipster punk band.
I listened to them constantly for a few months and haven't since.

I have no regrets.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
They're extremely well known. I don't mind them. I usually don't get into modern bands who do garage because it's usually a bit too hip and stylized to be anything but obnoxious, even though I enjoy original garage/psych. What I've heard from these guys is not bad though.
I like them. I haven't checked out the new album yet, but Let it Bloom is still cool.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
This.

Yeah they're alright for a fake hipster punk band.

this

not too bad though
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Hmm, they must be more well known in the States, as over hear nobody I've mentioned them to has heard of them.

You can call them a fake hipster punk band, but I really like them. And I'm definitely no hipster, I just genuinely like the music and their attitude.

Maybe it's the hipster crowd over your way that listen to them?
Don't worry, "fake hipster punk band" is one of those expressions that don't mean anything.
I think they are one of the only modern bands who truly capture that spirit of early punk and not caring about what's mainstream and what's expected of them.
Quote by ccarlos196
I think they are one of the only modern bands who truly capture that spirit of early punk and not caring about what's mainstream and what's expected of them.

you dont listen to enough bands
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by DempseyPunk
you dont listen to enough bands

Ok, I should have maybe added, that as well as this they also write good music. Anyway it's just my opinion. I really like them, and that's that. I don't need to justify it, same as you don't need to justify why you don't like them.

It's just all opinion in the end, so let's not take it all too seriously
Quote by DanielShaw123
You can call them a fake hipster punk band, but I really like them. And I'm definitely no hipster, I just genuinely like the music and their attitude.

Maybe it's the hipster crowd over your way that listen to them?

I say 'fake hipster punk' as a tongue in cheek thing rather than a slur, I really like a lot of the music that I would consider to be fake hipster punk.

Hipsters in the UK haven't caught on to fake hipster punk yet.