I have been trying to ache my way back to a fender guitar after having Gibson's for the past few years and I have no idea if an early 80's Squire with Lace sensors and an american Fender neck is a decent trade for my December 2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio with a hard case and Burstbucker Pro pups. The squire also has a hard case. Any Ideas would be really appreciated.
Quote by CrazyPigeon
It's probably not worth it, but personally, I'd much prefer the Strat.

i really dont think its worth it. you can find fender strats for $250 on CL. they pop up at least a few times a week on here. i dont know anything about lace sensors, so i will let somebody else chime in.

as far as the neck goes to the 22nd fret on americans, and 21 on squiers and MIM's. make sure everything looks like its put together right. tight neck pocket, good setup, etc.

but i still dont think its worth it.

if you want a strat i have a killer MIM that i am looking to trade. its a mid 90's model, by far the best MIM strat i have owned (i know for sure i have at least had six or seven) i i could throw either something else in or maybe some cash.

let me know. i have good references on the forums as well as ebay.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
what color is the ace sensor. theyre models are by color. red being humbucker like singe coil.

*link
http://www.lacemusic.com/sensors.php
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Last edited by bustapr at Sep 22, 2011,
You realize that you're asking if a Squire is a good trade for a Gibson, right?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Absolutely not. Craiglist around or find yourself a decent shop that would give you a good turn-around on a trade. While 80's MIJ Squiers are collectable, they're not nearly the quality of your Gibson.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Offworld92
You realize that you're asking if a Squire is a good trade for a Gibson, right?

this
early 80s Squiers are very collectable and are very nice guitars despite what some here think. thing is that the one you are talking about has been heavily moddified so now is nothing more than a partscaster. it has no real value. if it was all original and in nice shape then i'd say have him throw in soome cash but as is nope bad deal.
To be nice about it,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by monwobobbo
early 80s Squiers are very collectable and are very nice guitars despite what some here think. thing is that the one you are talking about has been heavily moddified so now is nothing more than a partscaster. it has no real value. if it was all original and in nice shape then i'd say have him throw in soome cash but as is nope bad deal.

Even then I think a more appropriate trade would be an American Strat for it.

TS, try to find an American strat on your local craigslist and offer a trade.
Quote by monwobobbo
Some of the MIJ JV Squiers ('82) sell for as much as some Fender CS.

I'd keep the LP Studio and just hunt for a Fender through CL as mentioned.

Consider the MIK ProTone Squiers, too. They're becoming collectibles and can be had for ~$300 in very nice, minty condition. They feel and play better than most MIM Standards from before 2007, when they finally got rid of the puny trem block.

Keep the Studio and buy a nice SSS Strat!

Quote by W4RP1G
Even then I think a more appropriate trade would be an American Strat for it.

TS, try to find an American strat on your local craigslist and offer a trade.

well i did say have him throw in some cash.

Ippn you'd have to show me an instance where a Squier is going for a CS price for me to believe that. the early Squiers are going for money but not that kind of cash.
Quote by monwobobbo
well i did say have him throw in some cash.

Ippn you'd have to show me an instance where a Squier is going for a CS price for me to believe that. the early Squiers are going for money but not that kind of cash.
eBay has the JVs quite regularly.
Wipe all the above bullshit about "squire is crap" thing.

80's made in Japan squier is arguably at LEAST at the level of modern deluxe USA strat while gibson studio is just a medium level guitar that will only lose its value with time.
what ippon said.

+1020
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Ippon
eBay has the JVs quite regularly.

ok i did and i still think you're a little off. sure there are a few with high prices and no bids. completed sales shows 2 sold one for $616 and one for $850 (rare color and in mint shape). not quite into CS territiry for that money and it wouldn't matter as a CS would destroy a JV in playability and sound.
I think what everyone seems to be missing here(everyone that is for the trade) is that it doesn't have the Japanese Squier neck. So the current value and playability of a CS or JV strat doesn't apply to this partscaster.

So it really comes down to should he trade his Gibson for a partscaster with Lace pickups?
Quote by W4RP1G
I think what everyone seems to be missing here(everyone that is for the trade) is that it doesn't have the Japanese Squier neck. So the current value and playability of a CS or JV strat doesn't apply to this partscaster.

So it really comes down to should he trade his Gibson for a partscaster with Lace pickups?

i saw that. i still agree with ippon to keep the LP and just get a strat.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
i saw that. i still agree with ippon to keep the LP and just get a strat.

Yeah, I shouldn't have said everyone. Whoops
Quote by W4RP1G

umm... if you read my original response i said that it was just a partscaster as well. the rest of the discussion was based on the idea of an all original one.
I'd rather have the strat, personally, though without the old MIJ neck it looses a lot of it's playability. Ask if he still has the original neck laying around.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Quote by MvAgusta
Wipe all the above bullshit about "squire is crap" thing.

...I don't think anyone ever said that...
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X