Ok folks - need some advice / opinions. I have an old Hohner Revelation RTX and I like everything about it except for how it looks . It's a VILE teal blue/green colour so I've decided to strip it down and repaint.

The neck is maple with a rosewood board, hardware is nickel, pickups are black ATX Wilkinson lamcores, knobs are black witchhats. I'm going to do the body in olympic white (or close to it) so the question is this: what colour of PICKGuARD do I go for?

Leave it as it is (black) or go for another colour.........????????? Make my mind up!
I see a lot of white guitars with maroon pick guards, and I think they look pretty cool.

EDIT: Scratch that. Gold on white is interesting.
Last edited by ProtoCosmos at Sep 22, 2011,
Do you actually need the pickguard? Sometimes guitars look better without.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I've always liked a nice red tort pick guard in this situation. Has it already been painted? I've been looking at pictures of this axe and I think it would look pretty cool with your stock black pick guard as well. Play around with it for a little while...
Quote by W4RP1G
Only you know the answer.

Oh, I know, but I'm pretty crap at visualizing things so when other people weigh in with suggestions it helps.
I like black pickguards on just about everything, and white especially. xD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
well how about putting up a picture.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
this guitar but in white?

i'd probably leave it black.

or white,
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 22, 2011,
Gold on white would look cool IMO. But it's your guitar.
“It’s been very important throughout my career that I’ve met all the guys I’ve copied, because at each stage they’ve said, "Don’t play like me, play like you.”
Eric Clapton

Most Epic Build!
Quote by Porrig
Ok folks - need some advice / opinions. I have an old Hohner Revelation RTX and I like everything about it except for how it looks . It's a VILE teal blue/green colour so I've decided to strip it down and repaint.

The neck is maple with a rosewood board, hardware is nickel, pickups are black ATX Wilkinson lamcores, knobs are black witchhats. I'm going to do the body in olympic white (or close to it) so the question is this: what colour of PICKGuARD do I go for?

Leave it as it is (black) or go for another colour.........????????? Make my mind up!

It's all basically preference. Myself, I'd go for silver.
Quote by bragglefraggle
that thing looks crazy man. anodized gold

Ha! Hadn't thought of that . Yes, it's a crazy looking f**ker of a guitar. I have no need whatsoever for 24 frets and the pointy styling is awful. But, I like it
I'd say gold....or get a white one and draw on it/ have an artist paint something on it. How cool would that be?????
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Rosewood fingerboard going into a "tortoiseshell" red pickguard on white would also look nice.

But, if you go and play around on Ruokangas' site, they have a tool that will let you visualize any color combo. Pull down the menu under "Guitars" and it will bring you to their models. The VSOP has kind of a Strat body with pickguard. Selecting it will let you do all kinds of body & pickguard color combos. You won't have to visualize anything- you'll be seeing it.

http://www.ruokangas.com/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 24, 2011,
Quote by JustRooster
Get a pink paisley one.

+10000 you might want to think about hearts or balloons on it also!
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.