I have like 2gb of space on my hard drive, and dont know what to do to save space. my drive is sectioned and half is used for backup - pointless i know. so is there any way to delete the sectioned part or get more space? im a gamer and play on steam, so i dont know if i can do anything about the space that takes up since the games are stored in program files, but i have a 70gb external hard drive which i dont know if i can use since most is being taken up by my games my drive is 250gb, of which about 106gb i can use for my own shit, the rest is for the backup. so please help!
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Delete your pr0n. There's plenty more where that came from.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Well...

Get rid of the games you aren't using.

Get rid of any unecessary programs.

Clear your internet history.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
you can delete the d: partition and expand the c: partition with relative ease,

but you could just get rid of the backups and use the D: drive as it is. Just save your files to there or install any programs there. There shouldn't be any issues.

Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by captaincrunk
Dude, why would you have a backup on the same drive?

i dunno, it came like that, with a c: and a d:

Quote by Momentosis

Well...

Get rid of the games you aren't using.

Get rid of any unecessary programs.

Clear your internet history.

i have it down to the 7 games i play most, i deleted the others all programs are ones i use/need. i just cleared my history. hopefully that helps
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by Lemoninfluence
you can delete the d: partition and expand the c: partition with relative ease,

but you could just get rid of the backups and use the D: drive as it is. Just save your files to there or install any programs there. There shouldn't be any issues.

id rather delete it all together, how do i do that though? :/
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by leigh596
id rather delete it all together, how do i do that though? :/

it's probably better to keep it. If you ever need to reinstall the operating system, you can use the other partition to avoid certain files from being deleted.

If you really want to get rid of that partition, ask the computer thread and tell them what OS you're using.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1178317
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Quote by Strat007
Delete BLAH BLAH.

That should clear d: of unnecessary files by reintegrating the binary code and relogging the 32/64 DNS server patch of any abnormalities

You can get banned for that these days
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Steam games are stored in the stea/steamapps/common folder usually.

For a more immediate solution, buy more memory. Its cheap as hell.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Quote by shikkaka
Steam games are stored in the stea/steamapps/common folder usually.

For a more immediate solution, buy more memory. Its cheap as hell.

is there any way to store them somewhere else? or move the program files to my D: drive?
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
you could just buy an external hard drive and plug it in via usb... there relatively cheap and i use mine all the time
I don't know too much about computers, but isn't the point of backing up your hard drive is in case the drive fails? So having your back-up on the same hard drive would not be very effective. So get an external hard drive and back-up using that and delete the :d partition. Or like Lemoninfluence suggested, just use the d: drive like you use the c: drive.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
Quote by jackjb94
you could just buy an external hard drive and plug it in via usb... there relatively cheap and i use mine all the time

got one, but i dont know what to put on it haha! all my stuff that takes up space is in program files. its all good, i have like 60gb left on the external and 30gb left on my C: and my d is totally empty
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by OctoberWind
I don't know too much about computers, but isn't the point of backing up your hard drive is in case the drive fails? So having your back-up on the same hard drive would not be very effective. So get an external hard drive and back-up using that and delete the :d partition. Or like Lemoninfluence suggested, just use the d: drive like you use the c: drive.

yeah, i dont know if i can delete that partion, but im just going to use it like an extra c: and keep my C: for program files and shit
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
You can buy and install a new hard drive? They're pretty cheap.

Edit: Unless you're running a laptop, I guess. You didn't specify, so I dunno.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
Last edited by Zeropathic at Sep 22, 2011,