i'm thinking about trading my marshall jcm2000 head and harley benton g212 cab for a orange rocker 30 combo. would you say this is a good swap? and what is worth more?

i play pop punk type of music and i've had the marshall for a few years but never seemed to get the right tone for it so would i benefit by getting the orange amp? ive heard theyre excellent amps although ive never tried one out but always wanted to.

so need thoughts and comments please

thanks
just a guess from across the pond here.

yes.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Orange amps are pretty awesome, but I honestly love my DSL, I have thought about getting rid of it, but realized I would immediately regret it. On a side note though, if you are thinking of getting rid of it, then Orange would be a good bet, also try Blackstar amps, if you haven't already.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Orange is going for about 800, used on ebay, the JCM head is going for about 800 as well, now you need to factor in the cab.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by guitaristben
bought jcm off ebay few years ago for £425 so don't know where you get 800 from...

800 USD, Marshalls are more expensive here in the States, I've seen them for less than $800 though.

OT, if you're losing money/gear value on the deal then I'd pass unless you really like the Orange.

EDIT: looks to be close to an even trade unless that cab is worth a lot, if you like it then go for it, I've heard many good things about the Orange.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Last edited by edbert at Sep 22, 2011,
I would take it if the orange is 100% what you want.

the marshal is the more versatile amp, but the orange is better imo

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb