Page 1 of 5
I hope they got something wrong, or a lot of the crap I'm studying is pointless :/
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
But the group understands that what are known as "systematic errors" could easily make an erroneous result look like a breaking of the ultimate speed limit,

Especially when talking about billionths of a second. I'm going with this until it's proven otherwise.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Yeah, more than likely an error somewhere in their setup or somewhere in their experiment... Also, big credit for publishing results that would seem very wrong, just to ask what they've done wrong/see if the same happens when the same experiment is done by others.
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Last edited by poipoi at Sep 22, 2011,
**** off.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
I think its most likely to be a problem with the calculations , if it turns out to be real then it could be awesome since it would most likely put a lot more interest in reformulating our concept of time and space.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Quote by davrockist
I hope they got something wrong, or a lot of the crap I'm studying is pointless :/

A lot of the stuff you're studying now is going to be pointless 100 years down the road, if that's any consolation.

Well, unless you study homeopathy. That will last forever.
Oh my.

Einstein already said that his theories might be superceded by better ones. Perhaps the one resulting from further investigation on this matter will be it.
Quote by severed-metal
A lot of the stuff you're studying now is going to be pointless 100 years down the road, if that's any consolation.

Well, unless you study homeopathy. That will last forever.

What a coincidence! I don't study homeopathy!

I also don't study anything so
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
If this is true, we might as well all divide by zero.

I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I'm guessing its some systematic error. Although it would be insanely amazing if it was correct.

I mean, that essentially proves time travel is possible. If one can travel faster than the speed of light, they would be able to look into the "past." This would be such an ground-breaking discovery.
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Quote by axethrower13
I'm guessing its some systematic error. Although it would be insanely amazing if it was correct.

I mean, that essentially proves time travel is possible. If one can travel faster than the speed of light, they would be able to look into the "past." This would be such an ground-breaking discovery.

You mean future. We are always looking into the past.
Quote by zgr0826
If this is true, we might as well all divide by zero.

I can only imagine Andrew W.K.s face behind that book.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by AeroRocker
Especially when talking about billionths of a second. I'm going with this until it's proven otherwise.

The article also said they ran the test around 15,000 times. I would think that at some point in between test #1 and test #15,000, someone would have noticed any potential errors, especially once they started realizing the significance of the results.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
If one could go faster than light he would break the connection between time and space, henceforth go into the future where we have giant telescopes and take one to our present and set it up somewhere near Tau Cygni so we can watch the latest episodes of Babylon 5 in someones '90's living room.

Imagine if we put one at 4 million lightyears away. We could observe our evolution from monkey to pig.
I hope they cant find a mistake and it opens up more studies into the possibility of Einstein being wrong, I mean yes the man was a freaking genius and his worked helped us get to our current standing in society; however there has to be a point where things can be changed or upgraded further. I am most certain that the findings would help people out studying all forms of physics and may even bring us a bit closer to warp speed, lulz. I am not a trekkie but I did watch a technological documentary that credited trekkies with a lot of modern day technology all because of star trek influence.
Quote by Dirge Humani
You mean future. We are always looking into the past.

No, I mean past. It's all relative I suppose, as you are correct. If you were to look at an object and keep focused on it while you accelerate to and passed the speed of light, you would start to see w.e you're looking at regress.

Essentially you would be able to roll back the clock and watch it was it was.
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Quote by davrockist
What a coincidence! I don't study homeopathy!

The less you study it, the more you know about it
This would be kind of a big deal if it were true.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Quote by severed-metal

Not like we'll be alive then.
Quote by Avedas
Not like we'll be alive then.

Don't need to be, by that point I'll be a cyborg. Half alive, half machine. Deal with it.
Quote by severed-metal
Don't need to be, by that point I'll be a cyborg. Half alive, half machine. Deal with it.

Half alive? Biological life is so outdated. We'll be energy beings soon enough. Get with the times.
Quote by severed-metal

Will that be before or after the war, mang?

/reference
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by Avedas
Half alive? Biological life is so outdated. We'll be energy beings soon enough. Get with the times.

You make a valid point, what are the beneficial aspects of being energy beings?
Now that I think about it, how did they measure the time interval? Wouldn't there need to be some form of data communication between the two laboratories to measure when it was sent and received? And electrical signals can't move faster than the speed of light, so how did they measure this?

Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
Quote by severed-metal

Everything.

Quote by mnf50
If it was a systematic error but they're not sure, why announce it?

So they can have more people look at it, obviously. Did you even read the article?
Quote by mnf50

They've collected data that potentially overrules a foundational theory of physics that we have been using for years. The potential for error is definitely there, and the range of certainty is too slim to pronounce it as fact. They are being professional in admitting the potential for error and waiting for peer review before going overboard ad destroying physics.
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by mnf50

There's this little thing in the scientific community called "peer review."

Quote by severed-metal

Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Sep 22, 2011,
I posted this on my facebook earlier with a commentary. My brother responded with:

"I'm going to pretend I know what you're talking about."

So I responded with:

"I'm going to pretend you don't have the IQ of a 5 year old."
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by DonGlover
I posted this on my facebook earlier with a commentary. My brother responded with:

So I responded with:

Quote by DonGlover

So I responded with:

Maybe if they prove that there was no error in this study then you can time travel to go back in time and be nice to your brother.

Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
Never had a things for these kind of things, but how is going really fast... = time travel ??
Quote by Philip_pepper
Does this mean I can go back in time and shag my grandma?

Why bother going back in time?
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Page 1 of 5