Poll: What do you do?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you do?
Spend it
86 66%
Save it
42 32%
I don't pick it up in the first place because i'm not a dick/think money is the root of all evil
3 2%
Voters: 131.
Page 1 of 2
Today I was walking to my car on campus and I saw a 20 dollar bill laying on the ground. Naturally, I kept it. I waited 10 minutes in my car to see if anybody went looking for it, and nobody did. But it got me thinking. In such circumstances where you stumble upon some extra money are you more inclined to go and spend it or would you rather save it?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
woo first vote. I'd spend!
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Spend it on some food.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Depends on if I want anything. At the moment, I need a car, so I'd save it.
Sigs are for pansies.
Right after a concert a few months back, I found a 20 dollar bill on the walk back to the car. Like 50-80 people walked RIGHT PAST IT. and it was just laying there, in plain sight. I swear I even saw the people in front of us look at it and walk away.

Payed for the gas it took to get to the venue as well as buying me and my brother taco bell. Haha. Was a good night indeed.

Call me selfish but gas is expensive.
In Sweden you have to hand it in to the police station. If no one claims it within a certain amount of time you get to keep it.

I think.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by deathdrummer
Spend it on some food.

This.

I'd be more inclined to put it somewhere and save it until it was my last money available.

But I just wouldn't manage that.
Quote by Kensai
In Sweden you have to hand it in to the police station. If no one claims it within a certain amount of time you get to keep it.

I think.

I know what I'll be doing next time I'm in Sweden and short on cash!

»Hej, jag forlorade 500 kronor...«
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
It's hardly as if someone is going to lose their life over $20...

I think anything over $100 I'd hand it in or w/e
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Dollars are worthless to me, so I'd probably leave it or keep it just because it looks cool.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by Cb4rabid
How does one claim money?

"Oh yeah...I uhh....lost that cash last week.''

Well assuming the person actually DID lose the cash, they'd know the exact amount AND would be the only one to come forward to claim it/see if someone had even turned it in, y'know?.

It's not like the police station would advertise "WHOEVER LOST 20 BUCKS COME GET IT"
Spend it. Found money is found money and good fortune. I'm all for it.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Well assuming the person actually DID lose the cash, they'd know the exact amount AND would be the only one to come forward to claim it/see if someone had even turned it in, y'know?.

It's not like the police station would advertise "WHOEVER LOST 20 BUCKS COME GET IT"

Might as well keep the cash. I wouldn't bother turning it in.

and no, not because im an asshole. I have turned in several lost phones and ipods. But money? Lol nah.
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
Might as well keep the cash. I wouldn't bother turning it in.

and no, not because im an asshole. I have turned in several lost phones and ipods. But money? Lol nah.

i don't turn those in. does that make me bad?

anyway, go buy some burgers
Spendin free money, like a boss.
Not exactly a frequent poster.
Spend it. I'm more inclined to save money that I earn, but money I find is a lot easier to spend.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
I'd keep it, and honestly wouldn't even think about the morality of it. I found the 20 in real life, not the internet where everyone thinks of themselves as perfect moral beings.
£20 isn't a whole lot in terms of dropped, so I wouldn't feel bad picking it up (providing I didn't see the person drop it/no one was looking for it). If it was a wallet I'd hand it in somewhere or something.

So yeah I'd pick it up, and I'd kinda save/spend it if it was right now. I need a hair cut desperately, so I'd get a hair cut then save the rest.

If it was a time that £20 wouldn't buy anything that I need right away (i.e. most of the time) I'd keep it until it could be added to a substantial purchase/would spend it when it was needed (like a night out or something, not an expensive one with £20 though... ).
I'd have to take it to the Bureau de Change first.

On a serious note I've handed wallets in before but if it's just a note or something that's been left on the floor in a busy street I'd take it
Check out my fitness blog here
Last edited by maiden_man_666 at Sep 22, 2011,
Quote by Kensai

I think.

A wallet is one thing, but I highly doubt anyone would actually take a single bill to a police station.
Finding something doesn't incline me to spending it nor saving it. I'd just keep it by for a moment I want to do something with it.
...marmalade is my jam.
I found $100 when I was late to school in the parking lot.
Kept it.

I don't believe in Karma
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Quote by Kensai

I think.

That's what you're 'supposed' to do here in Canada as well (I think).
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Put it in my wallet and keep it as part of my assets to be spent whenever I need or want to. I don't really understand the mentality of spending money immediately every time you gain it. Then again maybe that's why I'm not broke and a lot of my friends are.
I once found a wallet at school and was high at the time and went to turn it in, realized there was no money in it and got freaked out that the office would think I stole the kids cash so I put 5 dollars in the wallet. This was such a dumb decision.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
its totally "natural" to stay in your car for ten minutes looking at a bill. but still spend it,
I like shotguns. thats all you need to know
Id exchange it for singles and throw the singles off of a roof to make it rain!
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
invest it, obviously.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Earn money - Save it
Finding money (free money) - spend the (free money)
Page 1 of 2