I am using a sm58. Anyone else want to share?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
I've been using Behringer B2 with Tube Ultragain mic200 for a time now and I'm extremely happy with it. Using it for recording guitars and vocals.
"We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out." -Decca Recording Company rejecting the Beatles, 1962
Anyone tried the top of the range mic's? I want to take the music to another level
Are you talking about live or recorded? Obviously for recordings going for a REALLY nice condenser mic will give you a much nicer sound, but for live an SM58 is great. Just look at many famous bands live footage and you will notice that MANY professionals use the SM58. So I think that says a lot about it, along with the fact of how many companies have tried to clone it.
a 57 can also work well on vocals.

Rode M1 is another popular Dynamic alternative

also look at the 520dx (shure) ives a cool distortion effect

Guitars:
Fender American Standard Strat 2009 Limited Edition
Ibanez Gak30

Amps
Jcm 800 2203 '82

Pedals:
John bull jr overdrive
Boss Equalizer GE-7
Boss TU-3
Boss CH1

My Band
http://www.myspace.com/hereliesnuggetband
I have a Beta58 and an EV 767a. I like the 767a on recordings better, but it takes a bit of finesse to use well. Beta is darker overall.