To a luthier, custom shop, or you build one yourself.

I'd say go for number 3, as I'm assuming that you are in the same boat as the rest of UG, and don't have 5k to drop on a guitar.
Where's Waldo?
Matt uses Manson guitars, a Devon based company, but they are silly silly money.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Local luthiers are the way to go. People throw out all these estimates like "5K", but all 3 custom guitars that i have from my local luthier cost me less than 2K a piece, and they are all top notch.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Steve Wishnevsky. He'll build you crazy shit, and I highly doubt it will cost you more than $500. He built me an 8 string, that im gathering the money for, and its pretty kick butt looking. Check his stuff out on facebook or something!
THALL
If you want something truly unique there is a wood carver named Doug Rowell that will carve the existing body of your guitar into a wooden sculpture masterpiece. I think hes listed at carverdoug.com. Be sure to check out the Wangcaster, I laughed like hell when I saw it.
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
Quote by CustomAxe
Local luthiers are the way to go. People throw out all these estimates like "5K", but all 3 custom guitars that i have from my local luthier cost me less than 2K a piece, and they are all top notch.

Custom guitars from big name manufacturers would easily run you at a good 5k+.
Custom guitars from a well known luthier would run just shy of 5k.
Custom guitars from a local luthier would run you less than 2k a piece.
Where's Waldo?
goddamn adbots why won't they leave us alone.

And local luthier is the way to go if you have a good one nearby, if not then probably try to make one yourself.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex (that's in Texas, if you don't know), and I own 5 guitars by a gentleman out of Keokuk, Illinois named Jon Kammerer. Met him at a guitar show.

http://jonkammererguitars.com/jkgsale_005.htm

Some of his stock models were as inexpensive as $900. His prices for true custom work start just under $2000.

Look around- you may find someone doing what you want for a price you consider reasonable.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!