What would be an inexpsensive delay (preferably analog) that would be great for long atmospheric swells? Thanks.
long delay, and analog typically don't go hand in hand.

best bet would be to try a mxr carbon copy, and see if thats long enough for you.
Inexpensive can mean different things to different people. Can you give a specific price range?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
I think the Memory Man would be the best bet but that certainly doesn't fall into the inexpensive price range.
If it was me, I would look at a used Boss DD-20. It will do just about anything for delay you want, it has a max delay of 23 seconds (obviously more than I think anyone will ever use), and it has a really good sounding analog mode (IMO). Memory Man would be a great choice too.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
either the boss dd20, or the line6 dl4. i preffer the line 6 dl4 to be honest. the 3 presets and tap tempo put it ahead of most the competition in its price range.
pick up a TC Electronics Nova Delay. it is an excellent unit. you should be able to find one in your price range, but it would have to be used.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I'd go Nova Delay in that price range, no questions asked. If you don't have one already, a volume pedal along with your delay will be your most useful tool for those big ambient swells.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by 00_hns_00
either the boss dd20, or the line6 dl4. i preffer the line 6 dl4 to be honest. the 3 presets and tap tempo put it ahead of most the competition in its price range.

The DD-20 has four presets and tap tempo (I also think the tone is drastically better, but YMMV)

I'd go with the DD-20. If you can save up a bit more, the Strymon Brigadier is pretty damn chill
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
I have an MXR Carbon Copy. I think they run around $150. The cool thing about them is that they have a modulation but that you can toggle on and off and if you open up the casing you can adjust the amount of mod you get. Doesn't have tap tempo which is the only real drawback for me.
Guitars:
Gibson SG
'96 Fender Strat
Ibanez AS120

Amps:
100w All tube 2x12 custom

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron
EP Boost
Fulltone OCD
Ibanez TS9
RAH OD
Strymon Lex
Timeline
TC Trinity
I like to use my Malekko 616 for swells. Not too slow on the repeats, everything around 12 o'clock just to thicken things up, and some really subtle modulation to colour the repeats, it sounds really nice. Also sounds really cool on volume swell lead stuff (ala Joe Bonamassa).
The Malekko is really versatile, more so than the Carbon Copy, as you can have bright or dark sounding repeats (with the True Bypass/Buffer switch) and have control over the modulation. This is all for the same price too!
If you want to go even cheaper, i quite liked the EHX Memory Boy, its very similar to the Carbon copy in its controls, maybe less maximum delay time though, im not sure. I seem to remember finding it a bit brighter, and clearer on the repeats, although i found the modulation a bit much.

I guess if you're really set on the long repeats, digital would be best for you, like everyone else said. The Boss is good for a variety of different delays im sure, but i havent tried one. From what ive read its more reliable than the DL4, but the DL4 does other cool stuff, and looks a bit easier to use i think :P