Ok so the guitar they will go into is a LTD EC1000 in Vintage Black it has an ebony fretboard if that makes any difference at all.

My styles are mostly Tool, alot of classic rock, Mastodon, A Perfect Circle, etc. Need nice warm cleans from the neck pup with a smooth lead tone as I use it for soloing something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgBlHM5TW5Q&feature=related as far as smoothness. As for bridge I would like to back slightly off the volume for some nice skynyrd tones and full on for mastodon and tool. Thats as good as an explanation as I can come up with anyways.

As for amp I have a Carvin V3 with a cheap Carvin cab for now but when I get these pups will be buying a Whitebox 2x12 cab with a GT12-75 and V30 in it.

The model that appeals to me most on the BKP site is the nailbomb set. Dunno how well this would work but seems good. Would probably go with the Alnico bridge option.

On a side note what are some really good 1meg pots to throw in there with the passive pups? Or should I get 500k?

Thanks for any help given and sorry for the long read put wanted to provide as much info as possible to hopefully get the best responses possible. And I will also be sending BKP a email to get their opinion but was hoping for some advice here to help out.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
nailbombs
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Awesome thats what I was looking for so thanks for reinforcing my initial thoughts.

What about some good volume and tone pots?

Edit: damn meant to post this thread in GG&A oh well guess it kinda works in EG aswell.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Last edited by bluestratplayer at Sep 22, 2011,
Wow dude, I put bare knuckles in my EC-1000, Nailbombs to be exact, and it sounds amazing now. Nailbombs are what Tim recommended me, get them, especially for stuff like Tool.
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Hell yeah Im glad someone with experience on that set in my guitar model posted in. Did you go with Alnico bridge or the Ceramic option?
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
For the pots, it really depends on your personal taste. The pots in there are probably 500k (the standard for a humbucker setup), so if you like your tone the way it is then stick with those. 1meg pots will give you more output, but also a lot more treble response, so if that's something you want then get those.
Quote by bluestratplayer
Hell yeah Im glad someone with experience on that set in my guitar model posted in. Did you go with Alnico bridge or the Ceramic option?

Go Alnico, thats what I did and it rocks. Lots of awesome mid range crunch from the nailbombs, which Adam Jones uses in his amazing tones.
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Peavey Vypyr 15w
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Quote by blaaargh
For the pots, it really depends on your personal taste. The pots in there are probably 500k (the standard for a humbucker setup), so if you like your tone the way it is then stick with those. 1meg pots will give you more output, but also a lot more treble response, so if that's something you want then get those.

Nope. Pots are 50k the normal for EMGs so I have to buy new pots for passive pups
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Ohh my bad. I didn't know that guitar had EMGs. Anyway, it's still up to you which pots to get. 500k pots will give you the most balanced tone, and I'd recommend you use those. 1meg pots will give you more output, and a lot more treble response. Another interesting combo that's recommended by Dimarzio is a 250k volume pot with a 1meg tone pot, you might want to look into that. Pots are fairly inexpensive though, so you can easily experiment and find what you like best.

One other thing - EMGs are a bit bigger than passive pups, you might want to make sure the replacement pups will fit into that larger rout.
Quote by blaaargh

One other thing - EMGs are a bit bigger than passive pups, you might want to make sure the replacement pups will fit into that larger rout.

Not noticeably. I've had no issues going from uncovered coils to EMG's.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I recommend the Warpig over the Nailbomb in my opinion.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Quote by CustomAxe
I recommend the Warpig over the Nailbomb in my opinion.

For what kind of styles and tones he described, a Nailbomb is far better. Warpig has too much output imo, I'm sure its still a fine pickup, but you dont need, what was it, 22k output?
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Peavey Vypyr 15w
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
I didn't much consider the warpig mainly because of how hot it was. Im not sure how well it would do for A Perfect Circle type cleans. The nailbomb just seemed like a good in between type pickup so Ill probably go for it.

Anyway when it comes to pots I dunno the difference I want high quality with a smooth taper. CTS is the only name Ive seen pop up are those what you would suggest for some 500k pots? I mean if Im spending $300 or whatever for a set of pickups I might as well go all out on the electronics altogether.

Thanks for all the responses everyone.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
i wouldn't put warpigs in that guitar at all.

they'd be way to dark.

if you want the best pots money can buy

allesandro high end with the custom taper.

^Maybe not quite that good lol. I mean I would prefer not spending half of the money that BKPs cost on three pots. I will probably go for the CTS unless there is better for under $10 per pot.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by bluestratplayer
I didn't much consider the warpig mainly because of how hot it was. Im not sure how well it would do for A Perfect Circle type cleans. The nailbomb just seemed like a good in between type pickup so Ill probably go for it.

Anyway when it comes to pots I dunno the difference I want high quality with a smooth taper. CTS is the only name Ive seen pop up are those what you would suggest for some 500k pots? I mean if Im spending $300 or whatever for a set of pickups I might as well go all out on the electronics altogether.

Thanks for all the responses everyone.

My warpig pickup with the coil tap has some of the best clean tone I have ever heard, in my opinion superior to what I get with the nailbomb (I've had both in my custom built LP), and also feels a lot more responsive to volume knob tweaks. The nailbomb was almost too balanced for my tastes, didn't really have any defining characteristics that I like a pickup to have.

The problem with BKP is you can't really find any in guitars to test them out, and it's a lot of money to just pick-n-pray. But either way I'm sure you'll be happy with either of those pickups, BKP really can do no wrong.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Apparently BKP are usually spot on with the recommendations you could pop them an email

I actually tend to not trust them as much as I trust Nolly or a certain dealer from a certain American store That's just from personal experience though.

As far as the recommendations go; Yes, a nailbomb would be a great fit if you keep the A5 magnet in it and dont go ceramic. However, for the styles and sounds you described I would take a look in to the Black Dog and the Emerald as well. Both are medium output pickups which will just offer a bit more clarity than higher output ones. Nolly had some demo's out on his Soundcloud with the Black Dog and they sound incredible; if I had a mahogany guitar, that would be what I'de put in it. Emerald would also very much suit your needs as it has a top end similair to the Nailbomb; very bity.

Another option, though not BKP, would be a Duncan Custom (custom is the name of the pickup). They are amazing matches with mahogany bodied guitars and have a very pleasant, lo-mid punch that works great for Mastodon and Tool esque riffing. It's funny, I remember talking to James from Cradle of Filth and he commented on BKP's the same way I feel about them (and it's a compliment); They're Seymour Duncans on crack.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Ibanez RG 7 EXFX (27'' scale, 2x EMG 707)

Amp:
Mesa/Boogie Studio .20 Caliber

Recording:
Line 6 Studio POD GX
BKP got back to me and after they read my email they suggested the Nailbombs .

So yeah Im most likely going to go with that. Thanks again for the help everyone.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by coolstoryangus
Apparently BKP are usually spot on with the recommendations you could pop them an email

+1

and ask on the forum too, there are several people there who have tried most or all of their models.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by bluestratplayer
BKP got back to me and after they read my email they suggested the Nailbombs .

So yeah Im most likely going to go with that. Thanks again for the help everyone.

if your in the us try out the bourns 96 series sold by tubes and more

http://www.tubesandmore.com/scripts/foxweb.dll/moreinfo@d:/dfs/elevclients/cemirror/ELEVATOR.FXP?item=R-VB-PA

http://www.tubesandmore.com/scripts/foxweb.dll/moreinfo@d:/dfs/elevclients/cemirror/ELEVATOR.FXP?item=R-VB-SL

Ill check those out. Last time I asked for pickups you showed me the Smokestacks but now Im wanting different things out of this guitar so Im looking for something hotter. I was considering the Hellabucker though.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
hellabucker is good.

that guitar doesn't have a maple cap though right?

it's just mahogony slab body?

yeah just mahogony slab. Its also quite a bit thinner than an LP but Im sure you are aware of that. I just can't tell much about the clips of the hellabucker I wish the clips sounded better. Would be much cheaper than BKPs but I haven't heard much about the bg pickups.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent