Basically, theres this guitar track i wrote, and we got the whole thing working, but theres one small section that puts off a certain member of the band..
Something to do with it not sounding 'right', or good, to the listener. That silent bit, and the bendy notey bit, i believe.
I figured, ive heard the riff enough times to be used to it, but i dunno how it'd sound to a first-time listener.
The riff/section itself is on my profile, its 'The Riff'. Would appreciate a lil' outside input?

Also, i assume this is the correct forum for such stuffs. But yeah, advice/recommendations/insults, all welcome. Sorta dodgy recording sound, mind
STRIKING MINORS
Last edited by Mources at Sep 22, 2011,
So you dont reckon anything sounds too 'out of place'? The bend, in particular.. :s
pardon the playing, just recorded so you could get an idea of how the riff itself sounds
STRIKING MINORS
i liked it. I think he's crazy if he doesn't like the bendy bit, thats an instant hook that will stick in peoples heads.
It flows pretty well. I don't know what the problem is.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Thats what i thought, but he said it sounded too forced. Somehow >.<
Actually, i might extend the second pause by 1 more beat, i was just counting through it, and it counts a bit funny. I didnt see a problem, myself, but he certainly wasnt happy with it
edit: i'll try it in the morning and see how it goes. Possibly upload it here, for comparison
STRIKING MINORS
Last edited by Mources at Sep 22, 2011,
It's a bit hard to tell without the song to go with it. Sure otherwise it works.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
I guess ab better sound would make it hearable, but it aint bad. A beat that pushes it makes it more solid.

work on the sound. IF you stay that clean-dist you have to have a better grip for the note.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IF YOU READ 'H' I MEAN 'B'

GERMAN H = AMERICAN B

Rerecorded it. Better, but not great. I've been funking around with it and i just find that im happy with how it is.

Quote by BlackmetalGitar
I guess ab better sound would make it hearable, but it aint bad. A beat that pushes it makes it more solid.

work on the sound. IF you stay that clean-dist you have to have a better grip for the note.

Thats how i hear it, yeah. The second 'silence', im still thinking over, though. I reckon it'll be fine when everything else is tight around it
Wish i could hear the song with all the instruments myself
STRIKING MINORS
Last edited by Mources at Sep 23, 2011,
The bend is the best bit, I reckon. If anything the series of stacatto notes just before seem a bit forced but then again you did say it was just a rough recording.
I liked it, I thought it sounded cool. It's dissonant, but it works in the context of the song.
Quote by Mources
Basically, theres this guitar track i wrote, and we got the whole thing working, but theres one small section that puts off a certain member of the band..
Something to do with it not sounding 'right', or good, to the listener. That silent bit, and the bendy notey bit, i believe.
I figured, ive heard the riff enough times to be used to it, but i dunno how it'd sound to a first-time listener.
The riff/section itself is on my profile, its 'The Riff'. Would appreciate a lil' outside input?

Also, i assume this is the correct forum for such stuffs. But yeah, advice/recommendations/insults, all welcome. Sorta dodgy recording sound, mind

well, listeners are people and as such will have varying opinions. You can't please them all.

I would suggest that if the riff sounds "right" to you, that a percentage of the listeners will feel the same way. and too those that don't.... too effing bad. You need to have the confidence to say "I wrote this riff exactly the way I wanted it..."
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Sep 23, 2011,
Reminds me a lot of Tides of Man, so I'm obliged to love it. As everyone else has said, the bend is an integral part of the hook and offers the riff a strong personality, and serves as a nice timbral contrast between chords - I'd advocate keeping it right where it is.