im looking to swap the bridge pickup in my schecter s-1 elite.

i really like the way the stock pickups in a gibson lp studio, and i was hoping i could get similar results with either those pups or different ones (seymour duncan Jb or blackouts, dimarzio super distortion, or the pickup i already have aside if i dont buy another, a dimebucker)

besides the dimebucker, what can you guys say about the other pups? or compared to the gibsons. Or any other recommendations.

I play in a pop rock/ pop punk band that uses a generally fat and heavy tone (not brutal heavy)

i guess my budget is around $100

and if it handles every genre that would be a plus, we do bar shows occasionally and we throw in covers during regular shows too.

i dont know if this matters, but the guitar im putting it in has a coil tap that i do use sometimes.

i dont know if this is helpful but i would really like to be able to get this sound out of it, or similar to it, when i need it

http://youtu.be/LJ6ETTcigtM

i like how you can hear like everything in the clearly and it doesnt sound like a mess =)\

thanks guys!
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Since your sig shows you have a 6505 Im going to say honestly you dont need a high output pickup at all. A lot of people like the JB ( I dont think its bad I just find it unimpressive), but im gonna say you should check out a Pearly Gates. I tried a friends guitar for with a Pearly Gates in both positions and it sounded great I thought. Probably the best humbucker ive heard from Seymour Duncan.

Your going to get a lot of reccommendations for Bare Knuckles and with good reason, they are good pickups. I have no experience with them so I will leave that to everyone else.
I personally loved the JB for pop punk, i now use irongear 'hot slag's and they're a quite similar pickup!
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

I don't use a lot of gain on my amp. I like to slam the front of the amp hard so I don't need the pre gain high at all.

I've heard about bare knuckles too. I just want extreme clarity.

Like I can easily hear the difference when I play thru my friends Gibson lp studio and my tele with prs starla pups In it. I love my teles sound so I want my schecter to sound a little different
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
I use a JB in my G-400 and I like it, not my favorite p/u but still very nice. Look at the Dimarzio Super Distortion also, a very good choice for what you want. The Duncan SH-6 Distortion is also a good choice, Rise Against's guitarist uses them in everything he has.
Maybe even look at some PRS p/u's HFS/Dragon II are realy nice and versitile.

On a budget GFS makes some really nice p/u's the Fat Pat is great and articulate. Also the VEH is really nice. There p/u's are less than $40 each for the most part.

I have never used BK p/u's, but after hearing some demo's I am very interested. But they are very expensive.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
+1 to not buying high output pups.
+1 to Pearly Gates.

I too have a high output amp and using the Pearly Gates instead of stock high output pups has done wonders for my tone and versatility. I used to have to turn my gain down to 0.5 to play blues, 2-3 to play rock, and 5 was my modern metal level. Taking the high output pup out of the mix lets me use the gain a little more to my advantage. Plus the Pearly Gates really is probably one of Seymour Duncan's Top 3.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?