Page 1 of 3
Just curious, more so in the US, but welcoming answers from abroad, how many of you are employed in something that pays weekly and what , generally speaking, kind of job is it. This is a socio-economic kinda thread. Oh well, no ones gonna reply or pay attention to this anyway.
poll

I have one. Kinda. Ish.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
I work in a mine in Australia I am on about $110 000 a year.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
I'm a Spirit of the Forest, I don't need a job.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I have a job, but why does it have to pay every week? Very few jobs pay every week, I get paid bi-weekly.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
^this

I am currently as a T.A. in Uni, pay sucks but it is an easy job that looks good on the CV.

I would like to get a research assitantship but there aren't currently any projects that I like...
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
I work in produce for a grocery store. About $40x a week, then band shit on top of that, but thats only like 20 bucks to each member per paying gig. But the bands isnt for cash anyways
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
I've been trying to get my first job for some two years. It's so difficult.

Every place I apply to just gives me the same response: "Not enough work experience". I can't get a job in the first place, which leads to no experience.. Which leads to getting declined a job, which leads to applying elsewhere, and it just repeats. "No work experience, can't hire you.".

Oh, okay then.
I'm a full time student, so I don't have a job. Not that it can't be done, but I'm fine with just going to college.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
In case you didn't know, you can't just throw commas anywhere you feel like it.

However, I do not have a job, nor do I need, want, or have time for one.
I work at the local Wendy's. It's not much but it pays for gas and my half of the car insurance bill.
Quote by TheAbsentOne

Every place I apply to just gives me the same response: "Not enough work experience". I can't get a job in the first place, which leads to no experience.. Which leads to getting declined a job, which leads to applying elsewhere, and it just repeats. "No work experience, can't hire you.".

Oh, okay then.

That's why you volunteer.
Yeah I'm in construction and have been getting a bit hammered by lack of work the last 2 yrs and was slummin' a bit curious if I was the only one.
I actually have several jobs on and off throughout the year

My regular 5 days a week job is computer maintenance for the music tech division at school.
I also have 2-3 months stretches of weekend tech sales campaign job.
When I'm not doing the weekend sales, I try to work the weekend auditions/interviews events for prospective students.
When I'm home away from Boston, I teach violin to little noobs.

At one point I had 3 overlapping jobs per week on top of a full time workload at school. That was too much.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Sep 22, 2011,
Quote by pushingthrough
Yeah I'm in construction and have been getting a bit hammered by lack of work the last 2 yrs and was slummin' a bit curious if I was the only one.

That's why you go to school.
I just got a job today and I start this Tuesday. I'm going to be a busser at a restaurant.
music. occasionally. and a little work in the local music store
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Yeah man get a degree in something marketable and you will do well. I never finished college, circumstance didnt permit.
Full time college student + weekend cashier at a gas station, which pays every week
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
Yeah I never finished college I was a Bio chem major. Life sometimes has a funny way of throwing curves at ya.
Yep, although I'll be out of a job early october. Bee farming isn't a year round thing in a cold climate. My boss is hooking me up with a job in construction over the winter though. Gonna be strange to work with him and not for him.
Oh and I get paid monthly.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Nope, and it's pissing me right off. I could really do with one to pass the next year before I (hopefully) go to Uni, and if nothing else...to get me some finances to stand on while I'm there.
Living in the **** end of nowhere, unable to drive and with minimal experience or specific qualifications doesn't help my case. Just keep looking I guess
No. Currently looking though. It ain't easy trying to find a job in one of the highest unemployed cities in Canada.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
I have a job interview next Thursday, I'm pretty confident about it, it's about a position working with autistic kids, and since that's related to what I'm studying and my brother is autistic I'm at least somewhat desirable for them
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
You guys should just try bullshitting on your resumes or even straight up lying. A lot of times, they don't really check. And if they do, who the hell cares. You got nothing to lose.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I work at a truck stop. Here's the pristine jewel of Canadian heritage:

I'm at my job right now.
working
<.<
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Lay off the commas, TS.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by TheAbsentOne

Oh, okay then.

This, it's a bitch.
Tell me who's that writin'...
Avionics manager for an air freight company.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
1. Teach private guitar lessons
2. Lifeguard, and teach swim lessons at the YMCA

Part time student + work 30 hour a week

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
I should really stop working underground.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Page 1 of 3