I have the opportunity to buy a Behringer BX600 60 watt bass amp for $60. It is fully functional except one of the knobs is broken off and the pot still turns. Everything else is fine.

I'm looking for something mostly for bedroom use but with the capability of a small gig, or use at church. I know this will be loud enough, but does anyone think this is worth purchasing or are there better amps out there for this price?
Well it's $60 which is a good thing. It's a Behringer which is not.

And you want it for your bedroom and tbh 60 watts is in what I call "the pointless zone" it's a bit too loud to play in the bedroom and too quiet for gigging purposes.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
It's not going to be loud enough for small gigs or church and with Behringer's quality control and track record your better off spending your $60 on McDonalds or giving it to a homeless person.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by ChemicalFire
Well it's $60 which is a good thing. It's a Behringer which is not.

And you want it for your bedroom and tbh 60 watts is in what I call "the pointless zone" it's a bit too loud to play in the bedroom and too quiet for gigging purposes.

Don't worry, a 60w rating from behringer is really more like 30rms (I'm being generous) so it's just a solid wattage for a practice amp, not into the "pointless zone."

TS, It's not going to be loud enough for even small a gig anywhere other than a coffee shop. And I'd say it's not worth it as behringers are pretty prone to dying.

edit* I wrote fender instead of behringer for some reason. Past my bed time I guess. Also, let me say I've owned a lot of behringer gear and really liked it (they're identical sounding clones for cheap!) but their amps do leave a lot to be desired in the durability department.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Sep 23, 2011,
Thanks for the info/opinions. I think I'm going to pass on it because of you guys. I'll look for something I won't be afraid will crap out on me. Didn't know about the reduction in watts. That's interesting.
Another thing, at least in my opinion is that practice amps should be cheap. If you're looking to pay over $100-$200 you should go for gigging size things. and turning down, under $60 don't expect anything fancy, just a quiet pumper of bass that hopefully won't fart