***I am completely new to the world of tube amps.

The amp, when cranked up, crackles and then the signal goes out. All the power lights indicate that the amp is receiving power. I did notice, however, that if I "wiggle" the 1/4" jack on the back connected from the speaker to the speaker output the sounds comes in and out and if I slightly push it to the side the sound is perfect. I get the same result when I lightly wiggle the Impedance Selector Switch.
The tubes in the back stay lit and from what I've researched about tube amps this usually means they're working, right?
I read that it could be a damaged "Output Transformer" but I have no idea.
For now, my only choice would be to take to a local tech.

Any ideas?
Last edited by IbanezGSA at Sep 22, 2011,
You need to have the jack replaced, my Peavey Valveking have a very similar problem, except it's the FX return jack, and it cuts the preamp signal to the power amp...amp works fine, you just have to put pressure on the jack for it to work.
Quote by ethan_hanus
You need to have the jack replaced, my Peavey Valveking have a very similar problem, except it's the FX return jack, and it cuts the preamp signal to the power amp...amp works fine, you just have to put pressure on the jack for it to work.

So, would you suggest taking it to a tech and letting him know that I need the jack replaced?

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
can you use your warranty?

it may just be a matter of fixing/replacing the speaker out jack - which really shouldn't be that difficult

I have no idea. I bought it used off a friend of mine.
If it is just the jack, would you suggest taking to a tech to have it replaced?