I am asking for some suggestions for some acoustic songs i would be able to play solo and in front of people. I dont mind if there is singing in it, or how hard it is (im about intermediate-advanced). I'd prefer alternative-ish songs. All ideas are appreciated. Thanks
Never Shout Never does a lot of solo acoustic stuff, if you're into him.
A lot of Dashboard Confessionals songs would be good for that too.
You Had Me at Hello by A Day to Remember uses two guitars, but you can do it with one.
And try just putting your own acoustic spin on electric songs. Sometimes they sound better that way
equipment:
Gibson SG Special ltd.
Peavey JF2EX
Fender Kingman SCE
Vox AD30Vt
Line6 Spider III 150

Quote by Philip_pepper

Be sure to be able to recite at least one Shakespeare quote before and after each song.

Out loud, or in your head, it's up to you.
Quote by g_tab_man
And try just putting your own acoustic spin on electric songs. Sometimes they sound better that way

This. I used to play in an acoustic duo and we'd usually get the best reception for songs that people never thought they'd hear played that way.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Blackbird (The Beatles) is an amazing song to do solo, and if you sing it, too, more power to ya. I know it's one of the most recommended songs, but it is one of the best solo pieces out there since it originally was only McCartney singing and playing guitar...
bon iver - skinny love
morning benders - virgins
matt costa - astair
years around the sun - miles away
Quote by g_tab_man
Never Shout Never does a lot of solo acoustic stuff, if you're into him.
A lot of Dashboard Confessionals songs would be good for that too.
You Had Me at Hello by A Day to Remember uses two guitars, but you can do it with one.

I am now in love with you. Just saying.
They were evidently written for two guitars but quite a few of Judas Priest's songs can be played/sung solo and will sound very good. "Beyond the realms of death", for example.
Check out Paul Weller's Days Of Speed album. He plays a whole concert with just himself and an acoustic guitar.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Check out Paul Weller's Days Of Speed album. He plays a whole concert with just himself and an acoustic guitar.

This made me think of Yoav... You might wanna check out his songs
Oasis' Don't Look Back In Anger and Live Forever sound great by yourself
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook
check out Goin Home by Dan Auerbach.
Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?