Page 1 of 3
I have decided I'm going to study medicine and psychology at University, and write a thesis on an affliction I am naming 'KFC remorse.' It must be recognised that eating KFC causes insufferable shame and depression. With government funding and university resources I am sure I can prove a link between KFC consumption and clinical depression.

As part of my preliminary research I've come here to ask you if any of you have suffered shame, sadness, self pity, or depression after consuming KFC.
Nope, can't say that sounds the least bit familiar. The only time I regret eating KFC is when I have nasty shits shortly afterward.

Actually, I had it for dinner last night and the night before, and I feel better than usual.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
No, cant say I have.
My Gear:
2011 PRS SE Santana
2006 Agile Al-2000 goldtop
Ibanez GAX 30
Crate 15 watt
Woods Acoustic
12 String Takamine from the 70's
I just had a honey barbecue chicken sandwich today and all I can say is the only shame it brought me was being late for work because of the poop I had to take afterwards.
I have never gone to/had KFC in my life, and I'm not depressed..

What more do you need
sometimes there's a slight sense of shame. my mom is a big animal rights activist-type so i always think about the way they torture chickens. but man, i'm poor, it's protein and it tastes good. i dunno. i guess i'd say shame, yes. depression or anything more serious? no. and it's not even enough guilt not to go there obviously. sooo ...
#DTWD
Well, obesity correlates with shame and depression and KFC correlates with obesity, so I say you're well on your way TS!

Anyone else think KFC's actual chicken isn't that good, but their sides are amazing? I go for the mac and cheese, coleslaw, and potato stick doodles!
Quote by primusfan
sometimes there's a slight sense of shame. my mom is a big animal rights activist-type so i always think about the way they torture chickens. but man, i'm poor, it's protein and it tastes good. i dunno. i guess i'd say shame, yes. depression or anything more serious? no. and it's not even enough guilt not to go there obviously. sooo ...

You're poor so you get fast food? Fast food is the most expensive way of eating, you could create essentially the same sort of food for a fraction of the cost if you just bought the ingredients.
Last edited by Gmp at Sep 23, 2011,
eating KFC causes insufferable shame and depression

This. I agree with you wholeheartedly.
Quote by sam b
I have never gone to/had KFC in my life, and I'm not depressed..

What more do you need

That's enough proof for me.
Their biscuits are the only things I've had from them in years, so I can't really comment.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Gmp
You're poor so you get fast food? Fast food is the most expensive way of eating, you could create essentially the same sort of food for a fraction of the cost if you just bought the ingredients.

Tell me how I can make a box of popcorn chicken for $3 then we'll talk.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Gmp

i don't have time to cook every day. forgive me if i eat an 89 cent burrito or a 69 cent hamburger.

edit: also, i made my own spaghetti sauce a while ago. far more expensive than even prego, let alone kroger brand. it was well worth it though. bell peppers and a few little tomatoes from the back yard.
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Sep 23, 2011,
69c for a burger? Fast food costs so much more in Australia.

Everything ****ing costs more in Australia. Why are we paying so much more than America if our dollar is stronger?
to be fair, 69 cent hamburgers are only on sunday. they're usually 89 cents.

EDIT: maybe they're 69 cents usually and 59 cents on sundays. i can't remember. i haven't been to mickey d's in a while.
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Sep 23, 2011,
Quote by Butt Rayge

Everything ****ing costs more in Australia. Why are we paying so much more than America if our dollar is stronger?

We have an insanely large agricultural industry. We grow more food than we can eat and ship out. Anytime someone bitches about food prices over here I want to slap them. It's the cheapest food compared to the cost of living of anywhere.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
We have an insanely large agricultural industry. We grow more food than we can eat and ship out. Anytime someone bitches about food prices over here I want to slap them. It's the cheapest food compared to the cost of living of anywhere.

It did come across as a complaint, I wont deny that. I'm more puzzled than anything though. Is there a fast food tax or something? I just would have thought that this mass produced, bottom of the barrel garbage would cost a lot less.

EDIT: In response to the 69c burgers I was going to say 'no wonder America is so fat,' but Australia has managed to usurp America as the worlds fattest country when we're paying a lot more for our heart-strangling sustenance.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Sep 23, 2011,
Only joy and satisfaction.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
Quote by Butt Rayge
It did come across as a complaint, I wont deny that. I'm more puzzled than anything though. Is there a fast food tax or something? I just would have thought that this mass produced, bottom of the barrel garbage would cost a lot less.

EDIT: In response to the 69c burgers I was going to say 'no wonder America is so fat,' but Australia has managed to usurp America as the worlds fattest country when we're paying a lot more for our heart-strangling sustenance.

I wasn't talking about you or the other guy complaining, I mean old ladies at the grocery store mostly. Twinky taxes are state to state, not federal, and a most states don't have them--I think they're usually used as a "health friendly" way to collect extra revenue for specific budget items, they're not actually put up for earnest health concerns. I know people argue the same thing about tobacco and alcohol, but it's a lot more plainly so with the junk food, hence they're less likely to be adopted.

'Murica loves choice, so no one wants to risk their political career by aiming people's choice of food here. Even the national health programs like Michelle Obama's kids program focus on mentioning the healthy stuff you should do rather than mentioning the unhealthy things you shouldn't do... except for drugs, it's super cool in Washington to tell everyone to stop doing drugs.

Fast food is a huge part of our culture and it's part of why we're so fat. I usually don't jump on the obese american bashing bandwagon, but that simple fact is clearly true.
Quote by Butt Rayge

Damn right. A burger over costs about 5 dollars. what the hell?
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by Butt Rayge

really? i thought the retardedly hot weather would make people sweat a lot...

i dont see a lot of people fattening up on fast food here in canada, it costs the same to buy something better tasting and healthier....
Quote by primusfan
i don't have time to cook every day. forgive me if i eat an 89 cent burrito or a 69 cent hamburger.

edit: also, i made my own spaghetti sauce a while ago. far more expensive than even prego, let alone kroger brand. it was well worth it though. bell peppers and a few little tomatoes from the back yard.

69 cent burger? jesus, the simplest of cheeseburgers from mcdonalds here costs at least $2, i suppose in your situation it would be the cheapest option. but still buying shit in bulk and making delicious noms out of it would still be healthier if only slightly more expensive
I get this feeling after consumption of the colonel's finest. Yet it's still so good!
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
The only remorse is when I didn't order enough.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by Butt Rayge

their country is in deep shit though so the jokes back on them and although they only pay 70 cents for a burger their minimum wage isn't as much as ours or at least we get paid more to offset that expense.
yo.

I BELIEVE
im a vegetarian and that store is nothing but sadness and tears, and buckethead hates colonol sanders
down with kfc!
**** im high
I'm surprised at the amount of people who have never experienced this. Do you all get take away or eat it in the store? I always experience KFC remorse while eating it at KFC, but not as often when I eat it at home.
If by remorse, you mean, the runs, then yes I do.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
I have never regretted eating KFC.

And remember, correlation is not equal to causation!
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by muffinduck01
If by remorse, you mean, the runs, then yes I do.

I do mean actual remorse, but I'd assume you feel remorseful when you get the runs, and I'd assume you get the runs from KFC. By association - I suppose - yes, I do mean the runs.
Page 1 of 3