yesterday i was in a guitar shop trying to pick my new fender strat, still dont no whether for an SSS or HSS, but anyways was trying out an american stnd strat through a supersonic fender, the guitar is SWEEEETTT playing sultans of swing through the bridge pickup in a fender amp, i couldnt believe the tone, i tried the distoration not to happy about that, tried squire strats which sound better with distoration. so im kinda torn between the sweet SSS or HSS :S

anyways to the point, after me giving it a test run, i asked how much it would be, the rep said £1600 seriously? £3000 altogether with the amp is this a normal price? ive seen new fender american strats that are £600 and MIM at £370

should i buy it or not?
he said its £1000 for the amp, hes throwing in a hard case, two cables and a shitty wee vox wah pedal, which u could get for £30

im more interested in the guitar, the amp was shit for distoration, which i kinda need, i only play cleans a few times depending on the song, like one minute its sultans of swing the next it eruption, ya know
Quote by direstraits80
he said its £1000 for the amp, hes throwing in a hard case, two cables and a shitty wee vox wah pedal, which u could get for £30

im more interested in the guitar, the amp was shit for distoration, which i kinda need, i only play cleans a few times depending on the song, like one minute its sultans of swing the next it eruption, ya know

You dont nessesarely have to buy the amp as well.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
i know, i didnt want it anyways, distoration is shit on it, im more worried about the price of the actual guitar, does £1600 sound right or is it way too high
sur eit was an american standard...those are usually 1200 europ around my parts...about 1000 pounds i think
£1600?

you can get a new SSS custom shop deluxe for not much more than that.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
What model? it may have been a deluxe ofra sig model or one of the vintage reissues all of which go for more than a regular strat.
pet peeve: it's distortion, not distoration

As for the guitar, it does seem expensive, as they are usually half that price if it's a standard. Does this shop have any reputation of screwing people up? Even 1000 pounds for a supersonic sounds kind of stiff.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the guitar come with a HSC anyways?
Way too high and he's being a douche bundling it like that. American strats are $1000 all day long here in the states so figure out the exchange rate, add a bit for import fees and off him that. If he doesn't budge tell him you're never coming back. That's ridiculous.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
i think that's way too much. you can find a great deal on like musicians friend or amazon. man even check like ebay or craigslist before you dish out that kind of money no matter what it is. I think you could probably get one for half of what he's asking honestly.
Get yourself a Highway One Strat. They're US made and IMO, have a much better tone than the American Standards. They only go for $699.99 US and are worth it.
Quote by jeffo46
Get yourself a Highway One Strat. They're US made and IMO, have a much better tone than the American Standards. They only go for $699.99 US and are worth it.

With real Indonesian hardware too..
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500