Hi guys, I understand this might be against the rules but i'm not fussed if i can raise the number by at least one.

The owner of one of the best underground venues in the UK has decided to turn the venue into a restaurant, this is the only venue in the Leeds area, and most of us don't have the money to go to shows every weekend via train/coach (and hotel fairs/having to leave the show before finish due to catching last train) The venue has put on some of the best shows in the UK, mostly 'core bands such as Ceremony, Trash Talk, UK Subs, Gallows, Sheer Terror (in jan, first time in the UK) , Suicide Silences first UK show, and on and on, it would be a massive blow to the scene if our only venue got taken away considering no-where else lets these bands play and if so not as regularly.

If you could please take 30 seconds to sign this LEGITIMATE petition and help us out over here it would mean the world. So far we've reached 1990 people in less than 24 hours. Thankyou

http://www.change.org/petitions/josephs-well-stop-josephs-well-turning-the-well-into-a-restaurant
Signed
Listen to jazz, it'll make you a better guitar player.

Whatever you do, stay creative
Signed, good luck!

@1201ZJ I also dislike core bands...a lot, but I signed because it's still a good cause, even though it's not my personal taste
Quote by rockstar2be
Signed, good luck!

@1201ZJ I also dislike core bands...a lot, but I signed because it's still a good cause, even though it's not my personal taste

That is true, I signed it for that reason. But I will be so happy when the core shit finally dies. Can't wait to see what they've got next to ruin music even more....
Oh shit, knew this would be about The Well. Pretty sure Samiam are playing there next weekend.

*checks*

Yup. This may be the only time I actually go there then. Huh.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I was actually thinking about moving to Leeds for work but I'm so not gonna now.

You should anyway, and travel over to Manchester and band it up with your bro. Or even just come to Manchester and band it up. Either way works really.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Why don't you and the people who really want a venue, start a venue or start a booking/production company. I did and I sucsessfuly book "underground" bands in other bars/places all the time. The owners of (most) venues only care about if it is making money, not the type of music that is being played.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Why don't you and the people who really want a venue, start a venue or start a booking/production company. I did and I sucsessfuly book "underground" bands in other bars/places all the time. The owners of (most) venues only care about if it is making money, not the type of music that is being played.

Your entire post contradicts itself.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
Your entire post contradicts itself.

I don't see how. Start a venue, or get a venue to let you book shows there, even if it is a small club/bar. And most venues want money they can not survive if no one showes up, reguardless of musical styles. Alot of bars will give you an off night just to see if you can pull it off, and when you do you'll get more opertunity to do it agian and better nights also.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I don't see how. Start a venue, or get a venue to let you book shows there, even if it is a small club/bar. And most venues want money they can not survive if no one showes up, reguardless of musical styles. Alot of bars will give you an off night just to see if you can pull it off, and when you do you'll get more opertunity to do it agian and better nights also.

Your plan is this:
Step 1) start a booking company because venues that play good music are shutting down and you'd like to see the music scene flourish.
Step 2) y'know what? Fuck that. Just get popular bands to pay you to set up shows for them.

Capitalist flawless victory.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
Step 2) y'know what? Fuck that. Just get popular bands to pay you to set up shows for them.

Where did you get this from anything I have said?

What I said is to get Venues/bars to let you book a show. They ether pay the bands, or work out a doorcharge for band payment. I get National bands to play my local scene quite often, because they get paid, the clubs make money and I make a little for the work in booking, promotions. I have never asked any band I have booked for any money ever, I ask them how much they are gonna charge me for them playing.

I even have a large PA for places that are lacking a PA, or have a less than adequate PA for the event.If you don't have all this by yourself, get a few buddys together that you do have a diecent live PA set up and roll with it. Not saying that your gonna book huge bands, but you can showcase local/reginal bands. And know that atleast you care enough about the music/scene to not let it end in your area.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Where did you get this from anything I have said?

What I said is to get Venues/bars to let you book a show. They ether pay the bands, or work out a doorcharge for band payment. I get National bands to play my local scene quite often, because they get paid, the clubs make money and I make a little for the work in booking, promotions. I have never asked any band I have booked for any money ever, I ask them how much they are gonna charge me for them playing.

I even have a large PA for places that are lacking a PA, or have a less than adequate PA for the event.If you don't have all this by yourself, get a few buddys together that you do have a diecent live PA set up and roll with it. Not saying that your gonna book huge bands, but you can showcase local/reginal bands. And know that atleast you care enough about the music/scene to not let it end in your area.

Well, for starters (and future reference), I've put on literally hundreds of shows, so I also know what I'm talking about. I'm at a point where I've gotten sick of doing bookings and I haven't done any in at least a year though.

I got that idea from the fact that we're talking about bands that don't get to play many places because they don't necessarily have huge followings. You're saying it doesn't matter what kind of music it is, as long as it happens to be popular and allow the venue to make money. This is true. It's also sort of the antithesis of why you'd want to start an agency in the first place.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Literally hundreds?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Literally. Hundreds.

I was at my stepdad's Subway today (that's right, petit bourgeois as fuck), and he was talking to the manager about some delinquent employee. He said "If you don't want to talk to her, I will. Just tell her 'if you don't do such and such, well have to let you go.' I don't mind. I've fired thousands of people!" wat
Last edited by due 07 at Sep 25, 2011,
Quote by element4433
Literally hundreds?

I've been putting on shows since I was 15. Some more successful than others.

I actually went back to my post to edit in the word "literally" so there wouldn't be any question as to whether or not I was being literal. Clearly this didn't help.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Wow, really? What's with you guys?

5 years of putting on roughly 3 or 4 shows a month adds up pretty quickly. It's really not hard to do. What's more surprising is that you guys think it's some grandiose exaggeration. Clearly none of you have actually tried to put on a show.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Sep 25, 2011,
Quote by due 07
lol suuuuuuuure dude, whatevs. and i've ****ed lacey duvalle!

Had to google that.

Ew.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!

5 years of putting on roughly 3 or 4 shows a month adds up pretty quickly. It's really not hard to do. What's more surprising is that you guys think it's some grandiose exaggeration. Clearly none of you have actually tried to put on a show.[/

You started booking shows at 15? I don't mean to be a dick, but booking show for a middle school party hardly counts. That said I have put on many show whith bands like Agent Orange, GBH, ASG, Authority Zero, LA Guns, Harbour 81 aswell as smaller local and reginal bands. I have been doing this for about 3-4 yrs, but I have been playing in the music biz for about 14 yrs. I have a legitimate production company, but I started on the local level and got to where I am now.

You young guys think you have all the ins and know everything, but it takes a while to get a good thing going. Now If you really are throwing shows, good for you and I hope you do well.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by InstantAXonHero
Oh no you didn't.

+1

I've always found it funny when people preface their disparaging remarks with "Don't mean to be a dick, but..." because they invariably do mean to be a dick. Well maybe not exactly "funny," but you get what I'm throwing down.

Anyway,
Last edited by due 07 at Sep 26, 2011,
Quote by nashawa

5 years of putting on roughly 3 or 4 shows a month adds up pretty quickly. It's really not hard to do. What's more surprising is that you guys think it's some grandiose exaggeration. Clearly none of you have actually tried to put on a show.[/

You started booking shows at 15? I don't mean to be a dick, but booking show for a middle school party hardly counts. That said I have put on many show whith bands like Agent Orange, GBH, ASG, Authority Zero, LA Guns, Harbour 81 aswell as smaller local and reginal bands. I have been doing this for about 3-4 yrs, but I have been playing in the music biz for about 14 yrs. I have a legitimate production company, but I started on the local level and got to where I am now.

You young guys think you have all the ins and know everything, but it takes a while to get a good thing going. Now If you really are throwing shows, good for you and I hope you do well.

I'll take you seriously when you can quote things properly.

This post basically read like this:

"get ready for some condescending remarks"
"condescending remarks"
"I'm not really a dick and I wish you the best"

Idiocy.

Yeah, I never really put on any big shows. I lived in an area with a small populace. I never made any money. The venues were small, but I guess small venue shows aren't very punk, eh? It was sort of shitty situation and I'm not interested in doing it ever again. I was putting shows on at 15 because if I didn't no one would and my town wouldn't have a scene. Cool kid eh? I probably should have just never tried. Music's for fags and junk like that.

I'm not about to make this a pissing contest because it will ultimately turn into one due to your obvious ageism (and since people had a hard time believing that I put on crappy shows as a 10th grader I doubt they'll believe anything else I say). Congrats on being in the business for 14 years. I assume you have quite the substantial roster of contacts. Why is Agent Orange the biggest name you've worked with (if you're trying to brag)? Are you trying to impress me? That's cute.

I can pay rent and food costs as a 21 year old and I work in no fields outside the music business. That's good enough for me.

Congrats on working with Authority Zero. I've heard they're not always terrible live.

EDIT: Hmm, I worded some things poorly and/or strangely.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Sep 26, 2011,
Quote by nashawa
I can pay rent and food costs as a 21 year old and I work in no fields outside the music business. That's good enough for me.

I respect this.