so was thinking of putting a YJM Fury single coil pickup into the bridge of my american strat, leaving the texas specials in neck and middle. Now, the reason for this is that i want a bit of distoration on for the likes of malmsteen etc, but would the YJM fury pickups be any good for rock (guns n roses or the odd green day etc) i dont care if about it not be a true humbucker etc, im just wondering would it handle distoration well for powerchords etc?

the reason for no humbucker is i want the strat having a classic look of the single coils
Yjm pickups are very LOW output pickups, always have been. If you want to add gain and still keep the classic single coil lookook into Paul Gilbert injector pickups by dimarzio. They are meant to retain that look and feel of singles while beefing it up a little bit and adding power. They sound awesome from what little I've seen of them. And they would handle what you want.
Quote by Chad11491
Yjm pickups are very LOW output pickups, always have been. If you want to add gain and still keep the classic single coil lookook into Paul Gilbert injector pickups by dimarzio. They are meant to retain that look and feel of singles while beefing it up a little bit and adding power. They sound awesome from what little I've seen of them. And they would handle what you want.

I was pretty sure the yjm were moderate output. I knew they weren't high, but I didn't think they were THAT low.
RIP Gooze

cats
yngwie relies on volume from his amps. the pickups are designed to for the best clarity for notes and to retain the classic strat sound without the noise.

OP look at Lace Sensor pups for what you want.
ive tried the lace sensors, i dont know there not really deadly for high gain, mid gain they are great but when going to guns n roses distoration it gets muddy
Quote by direstraits80
ive tried the lace sensors, i dont know there not really deadly for high gain, mid gain they are great but when going to guns n roses distoration it gets muddy

which ones did you use. the gold ones aren't for higher gain situations. the red has as much output as most humbuckers. i have a blue in the bridge of my strat and it get those sounds no problem (see The Land Unknown in my profile) .
Quote by monwobobbo
which ones did you use. the gold ones aren't for higher gain situations. the red has as much output as most humbuckers. i have a blue in the bridge of my strat and it get those sounds no problem (see The Land Unknown in my profile) .

It was the gold ones, i knew they werent high gain, but the guitar rep kept saying they were suitable for highgain ha
Or get a dual rail humbucker
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food