Be sure to check the lessons section for articles (some may be confusing, though..)

But if you are asking what are natural harmonics (as I think you are), the way to make a harmonic, "chime" sound, is to press lightly, and I mean lightly the string exactly above the fret.

The easiest way to get a harmonic sound is to use the 12th fret of any of the strings. Try to put your finger on the 12th fret (above the fret, NOT above the area between two frets where "normal" notes are played), but just above the fret. Rest your finger there, don't push too much, and pick the string. You should hear the note, and it will continue ringing even if you take your finger off the string unlike those normal notes. (after you get it clearly on the 12th fret, try the 7th and 5th ones as well, but I think 12th is the easiest one to get)

I hope it wasn't too confusing :S try to check youtube as well.
Last edited by Munq at Sep 23, 2011,
well there are a few different types of harmonics, there are for example, pinch harmonics and natural harmonics. would be good to know which song you're trying to play so we can tell you which kind of harmonic you need to learn.
Guitar: IBANEZ RGIR20BFE-WNF
Strings: Ernie Ball .010 - .052
Amp: Yamaha THR10X | Orange Micro Dark
Effects: Boss MetalCore ML-2, Zoom 505 II, CryBaby
Quote by svelle
well there are a few different types of harmonics, there are for example, pinch harmonics and natural harmonics. would be good to know which song you're trying to play so we can tell you which kind of harmonic you need to learn.

Very important to find out what you want to do