I'm wanting to pick up a PRS Custom SE 24, they usually range about $650 or so, but the problem is I don't know whether to wait a few months to see if they go on sale or anything. I've seen them as cheap as $400-450 on special last year. I've seen around the forums and various other places that the SE 24 is actually off production right now for PRS' 25th Anniversary or some shit, but will most likely come back into production after.

I also hate the common colours I see them in. The orange is just yucky, and the tri-sunburst has never been my thing. They used to come in a deep red and a gray-black, which both were gorgeous.

So, should I wait for some more options, or just pick it up now?
If you don't like the colours they are doing at the moment, you should wait until you find one you actually like. There's no point buying a guitar you hate.

To answer the first question though, if you think like that you'll never buy anything. Yes, places sometimes have special offers on, but you never know when they'll be or if they'll be doing a special on the guitar you want.

If you find a guitar you like within your budget, just buy it.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
That's pretty solid logic, I suppose you're right. I'm in Canada, and the music stores in my area don't carry many PRS guitars, and the ones that do overprice them like nuts. I still can't seem to find a good Canadian online music store with a variety of PRS'.
Couldn't you use a US online store? If your local stores bump the price up that much it may still be cheaper to have it delivered across the border.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by TP500
That's pretty solid logic, I suppose you're right. I'm in Canada, and the music stores in my area don't carry many PRS guitars, and the ones that do overprice them like nuts. I still can't seem to find a good Canadian online music store with a variety of PRS'.

hey, dont take this as advertising but:

theguitarshop.ca

i bought my Cu24 from them and the base price before taxes was actually cheaper than MF!

Quote by GaryBillington
Couldn't you use a US online store? If your local stores bump the price up that much it may still be cheaper to have it delivered across the border.

it really depends. if you have it shipped over the border, youre gonna get f***ed over in customs, imports and duties and such. plus stuff like brokerage fees.

but you are right, before all that stuff, with the american price, conversion, canadian taxes, and shipping, it sometimes does come out cheaper but you gotta watch out for boarder shenanigans.

what i normally do is order something from the US, ship it to my buddy who lives in the US near the border, then i go pick it up from him. thats how i got my POD HD for 420$ vs the 550$+ L&M wouldve charged me.
Last edited by Seanthesheep at Sep 23, 2011,
I don't know if it's near your area but "axe music" which is in edmonton and calgary (and ships I believe) carries PRSs and they're cheap (relative). I'm looking at buying a 22 Single cut which is ~$550 CDN right now.
I checked out Axe Music, didn't like it. I'm in Ontario as well.
Instead of waiting for the guitar go on sale (which may not happen again for a few years) you could just haggle the price down. Say that you've only got $500 and you'd really love that PRS but it's just outside of your budget. You might get surprised and the guy might say something like "Well, i can't sell it that cheap, bout how about $550?" It wouldn't be as cheap as when it was on sale, but you would shed $100 off the price right now and you'd get it sooner than waiting for it to go on sale again (if it even does).
Not 100% about this but i believe that the 25th anniversary SE CU24s are the red and blue ones? I think they are the same except for the colors and inlays.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?