I was looking for a job and I'm considering working at a theater in holland. It seems like a pretty nice job to me, but i was wondering if anyone has any first hand experience?
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
I used to work at one, but I got fired for suliminally adding scenes of penises into movies.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
I used to work at one, but I got fired for suliminally adding scenes of penises into movies.

That was waaay too fast
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
working at Pathe cinema is ok, varied work and times. its nice to work with young people there
i work at a cinema this period...it kind of depends on the job you are doing...for example being the cashier can be quite stressfull...as all works that involve money can.
Quote by Kensai

Dude, you are everywhere.

You sly little Swede, you.
If you have to ask what it's like to work in a movie theater maybe you should find something simpler, like....uh...............
A friend of mine worked at one and loved it. The only downside she told me of was having to deal with stupid customers and cleaning up the theaters. She did mention that having cool co-workers helped a lot though.

If you end up working there you should definitely pull some Operation Mayhem shit. I'd be disappointing if you didn't.
This space has been intentionally left blank.
My band's drummer works in one. He likes it I heard
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Oyface
Dude, you are everywhere.

You sly little Swede, you.

I'm both sick and procastrinating for an essay, you're gonna see a looot of me during the next few days

But probably not that much since I'll be working.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I used to work at one, it was the best job I ever had. I used to eat sweets all the time and watch the films.

I got fired, but it was good times.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

I'm an assistant manager at one. It is a good job, back when i was an employee and now as a manager. It's one of the easier customer service jobs too, but you do have to deal with stupid customers.

Also, i dunno how it is in holland, but right now here in America you'd have troubling working in a theater that's a level 1 or 2. Most of those theaters wont be hiring due to how low attendance is right now (mostly because of school being back in session).

edit: Here's a list of pros and cons

Pros:
Free movies
Free Popcorn
Free drinks
Previewing movies
Easy job

Cons:
Stupid customers
Shitty management (back when i was an employee we had the most shittiest management. The GM could barely run a level 1 theater correctly.)
Audits
Working alone (mostly happens during the week days)
Doubles
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Sep 23, 2011,
Quote by Spud Spudly
If you have to ask what it's like to work in a movie theater maybe you should find something simpler, like....uh...............

I don't think it's a dumb question. Seeing I've never worked in one or in a similar place, I can hardly tell if it was going to be very annoying in the long run or not. Hence this thread.

And I didn't expect so much positive stories Thanks for the replies guys
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips