Have been looking for a small amp, to use for recording and get some high quality tones in the apartment, lately. Now I'd like to find out what you all think would satisfy my needs.
Budget: Around 1000 EUR
Guitars: Mainly Strats
Preferably not more than 15W
Genres: Jazz, blues, lighter rock - I will use pedals for more high gain stuff. Cleans and a light breakup/crunch is what I expect from the amp.
Low noise level.
Obviously tube.

Not sure whether I'd like 1 or 2 channels.

Thanks in advance!
I like both suggestions - but I don't think it's what I'm looking for, especially not the Carvin. Should probably have mentioned that I'm looking for something more Fender-ish (not necessarily a Fender though).

Really appreciate the answer and the Mesa actually looks quite interesting.
Egnater Renegade

65w/18w
2 channel
Reverb
Awesome footswitch
Runs EL34s or 6L6s or both at the same time
Fender cleans and Marshall grit in one box

Otherwise I recommend a Dr Z Maz 18 Jr (if available) or a Fender Blues Jr and upgrade the speaker/tubes.
Egnater Tweaker as well?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Egnater Renegade

65w/18w
2 channel
Reverb
Awesome footswitch
Runs EL34s or 6L6s or both at the same time
Fender cleans and Marshall grit in one box

Otherwise I recommend a Dr Z Maz 18 Jr (if available) or a Fender Blues Jr and upgrade the speaker/tubes.

The Renegade is almost 200€ above his price range unless he finds one used.
I say the Rebel might be a good choice aswell.
cornells are pretty sweet for that
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah but (having only tried the carrera) i thought it was more aimed at higher gain stuff
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Cornford Harlequin 6w is a sweet amp too. Lots of balls in that little guy. Blew me away

Wow, those Cornford... MK50H II :O :O :O :O!
Anyway, try the Egnaters, lots of people say those are really great versatile amps for the money, a Rebel maybe...
Thanks for all the answers and sorry for the late reply - have been away for the weekend. Will look in to some of the amps that have been mentioned. But perhaps I should of been clearer that I'm not really looking for a versatile amp.
I already own a Bogner Alchemist which is really loud and versatile, now I'd like to complement that - so nothing high gain.
Also - might be able to stretch the budget to perhaps 1400 EUR and I'm not afraid to go used!

Thanks yet again for all the replies!
go for the tweaker 15. trust me.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Cornford Harlequin 6w is a sweet amp too. Lots of balls in that little guy. Blew me away

The Harlequin sound fantastic! Loving it already! Thanks for the great recommendation.
Will definitely keep the Cornford in mind when it's time for a purchase, but all doors are still open!