Hello,
Does anybody know what would happen if you installed an EMG Pa2 boost with Alexi's EQ/gain knob on any EMG set?...Perferably an 81/89 set...Just in general what would happen to the tone?...Is this a bad idea or something that would just be flat out epic?

Thanks
would this be a good amount of gain?...or is this another one of those ideas that mean a horrible mess will result?
An assload of gain is almost never "epic". Most epic tones are actually achieved using (relatively) very little gain.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by killed 'em all
would this be a good amount of gain?...or is this another one of those ideas that mean a horrible mess will result?

Probably a horrible mess. But define "epic". What type of tone are you trying to achieve? Obviously heavy, but can you compare to anything?
Quote by Offworld92
An assload of gain is almost never "epic". Most epic tones are actually achieved using (relatively) very little gain.

This, Most brutal tones you would THINK, have a lot of bass, just slightly overscooped mids, and a fair bit of treb with a truckload of gain. Not the case at all, you'll get nothing but mud, some of the most brutal tones you hear probably have the gain half way or just slightly over half with lot's of mids and very little bass.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
"I'm" not trying to achieve any sort of tone, a friend of mine had asked this and i had no idea to what would happen
The PA2 isn't the same as the MM-04 or the ABQ. One is a gain boost while the other 2 have EQ sections and a trimpot for boost of you want it. They really only work with low-output passives to bring them up to the level of actives. Using them with actives usually results in a muddy, way-too-distorted sound.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.