i have trouble playing it that way but i can easily play it

------3-----
------3-----
------3-----
------1-----

or

------3------
------1-------

my question is if i play it the second way, does it ruin the power chord or can i still jam to pop punk music playing it the second way...or shud i stick with the 3rd way.....or actually take the time to learn the first way...thanks guys.
The second one isn't a power chord
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I never hold the power chord how you put it in the first one. I do the second. I've got pretty big hands so I just shove them down, much easier. But I do only strum the bottom three strings.

You've got to be free with the way you play. What is really important to understand, is that just cuz an artist plays it one way, it does not mean you have to play it that way. If an artist plays a G major as a barre chord, it doesn't mean you can't play an open G instead. The notes are exactly the same.
1st or 3rd way, because the 2nd way isn't a powerchord.
It's a Sus4 chord or something.
WHAT!!!! the second isnt a power chord but it should be harder (but still easy) in any case. do you have trouble strumming or with finger positioning. if you have trouble with finger positioning then do: ------3--- pinky finger. if you prob is strumming then just work on it. ------3--- ring finger
------1--- index finger
it is a strumming thing, because if i use my pinky finger i find i cant not apply the pressure to the 4th lowest string..... so i guess i cud work on strumming but i was just hoping i can strum like crazy and still hit only the strings i needed, rather then having to think about the strum, but oh well thats wat i get for using the pinky in the first place.
Learn to play it like it is written. Don't take shortcuts. You won't become a better guitarist if you can't play something that simple.

The first and 3rd are powerchords, the second is not.

For the first chord, use your pointer, pinky and ring finger. Make sure you can play just 3 strings at a time cleanly. It's something you don't want to skip when learning guitar. It'll just become a bad habit.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
the second one is an Fsus4 btw Xd ,but indeed what
silent murder said:

Quote by Silent Murder
Learn to play it like it is written. Don't take shortcuts. You won't become a better guitarist if you can't play something that simple.

The first and 3rd are powerchords, the second is not.

For the first chord, use your pointer, pinky and ring finger. Make sure you can play just 3 strings at a time cleanly. It's something you don't want to skip when learning guitar. It'll just become a bad habit.

Was completely true, no shortcuts! you can play it the easy way first and then progress to harder, but never only play it the easy way....