Page 1 of 2
Hi, Im thinking of getting a line 6 uber metal pedal for my birthday, I have read some reviews and it seems to be awesome, I already have a mt-2 metal zone and I want to get a good hard rock and Nu-metal sound, so which is best for hard rock and NU_metal? thanks
Quote by coolstoryangus
Would you like to lose your right testicle or your left testicle?

He's going to lose both...
What amp do you have?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Well I have a line 6 spider 3 15 watt amp, and can somone give me a decent answer
Quote by WtrPlyr
Doesn't matter. They sound like ass regardless of what amp he has.

I know, I was just seeing if he really needed a distortion pedal if his amp had good distortion, but I don't think it does^
i had a hardwire tl-2 metal distortion and it was awesome but it didnt work well with my amp but it sounded great on my friends
Quote by Hogg111
Well I have a line 6 spider 3 15 watt amp, and can somone give me a decent answer

Why would you want an uber metal when you already have the insane sound on your spider Basically the same thing..

ALL TOGETHER NOW
what you really need is a new amp. Put any money back you had for some shitty pedal and save..
Quote by Hogg111

just because it's not what you want to hear doesn't mean it's not a decent answer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What you need is a new amp.
Quote by Hogg111
@coolstoryangus Becuase Some songs need an on/off distortion.

Buy a foot pedal.
Take a well aimed kick at the clean and insane buttons. If you break the amp its not a big deal because what you really need is a new one.
When I do that, Insane has a reverb. and when i press clean theres a echo and chrorus- also, I just wanted a comparison between the line 6 uber metal and the metal zone. thanks
In short heres what you need to do, dont waste money on the pedal its appaling, sell your metazone its appalling, save up for a new amp with a footswitch and sell your spider, because its appaling
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Again, I want a COMPARISON to the uber metal and boss mt2 not all this "you need a new amp, it sounds like ass" stuff, just a comparison between the 2 pedals.
Well the boss mt2 sounds like a fizzy thin mess. The boss uber metal sounds like a digital thin mess... If you run it through your fizzy thin sounding spider 15 you'll have a shit sound. In retrospect they all suck.
DA GREET.
Quote by Hogg111
also, I just wanted a comparison between the line 6 uber metal and the metal zone. thanks

ok

The Uber Metal is a pedal that sounds like ass. It has way too much gain and sounds like a couple of bees buzzing around in a pedal. It has six knobs that don't improve your sounds when you turn them.

The Metal Zone is a pedal that sounds like ass. It has way too much gain and sounds like a couple of wasps buzzing around in a pedal. It has four knobs that make your sound go from thin, buzzy gain to muddy washy smog.

So basically, Uber metal sounds like bees in a can, Metal Zone sounds like wasps in a can.
Quote by Hogg111
Again, I want a COMPARISON to the uber metal and boss mt2 not all this "you need a new amp, it sounds like ass" stuff, just a comparison between the 2 pedals.

they're both pretty poor
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The only way to get those to sound any good would be to buy some mods. This in effect makes them stupid to buy. Save your money and buy another amp.

We know its not what you want to hear, you are just going to have to suck it up.
I'll try to answer without sarcasm for you. You have a modelling amp and it won't take pedals well at all, so if are sticking with the amp, don't waste money on pedals.

The two pedals you mentioned are not the greatest pedals, they are actually pretty bad. There ate much better pedals in that price range like the hardwire and fullbore and much better for a few bucks more, like the barber dirty bomb.

But again, if you are sticking with the spider, any pedal you get will be a waste of money. Just deal with what you have and save for a better amp, you will be a lot happier in the longrun.
Quote by Sputnik1
The only way to get those to sound any good would be to buy some mods. This in effect makes them stupid to buy. Save your money and buy another amp.

We know its not what you want to hear, you are just going to have to suck it up.

Would like to see someone attempt to try and mod the uber metal
Quote by coolstoryangus
Would like to see someone attempt to try and mod the uber metal

Yeah I didn't know if there were mods for it or not. Again would be retarded to mod a brand new pedal.
Quote by stykerwolf
can't go wrong with two metal zones

+1
really, we do realize that "get a new amp" is not what you want to hear but you have to understand this from more of a "techy" perspective.

most people on hear (including myself but I'm going to try to do this in a nicer way) are going to completely shit on things like modeling amps, especially the spiders, and cheap, "metal" pedals like the ones you mentioned. most of us have been playing for a while and have messed around with a bunch of stuff to find what sounds good and what doesn't.

here is why it will sound like ass: the spider is a digital modeling amp. the idea of it is to have everything you need already built into so that you won't need to buy pedals to achieve the sounds that you want. however, modeling amps can be summed up as follows: jack of all trades, master of none. essentially, they can do a lot of things but can't do any of them well.

being a digital amp, and the pedals you described are digital as well, everything is going to sound "fake" and "thin". basically what you doing is putting one computer generated sound over another and hoping for the best. its just gonna end up being a garbled mess.

those pedals are going to sound like garbage on even the best of amps, not just on yours. if you really want the versatility, save up your money and pick up something like a line 6 pod. that will allow you to access all of the onboard effects with a foot controller.

but, to achieve the tone that you want, you will eventually need to start looking into finding a nice, tube amp. that is where your going to be able to start building some really good tone. Jet city makes a really nice, inexpensive tube amp that is great to start getting into a tube amp but can also stay with you for a while (zakky vengeance of a7x is playing them now). these are inexpensive and sound really really great for the price that they are.

i hope this helps!!

p.s. lots of people are going to shit on you cuz some people just enjoy being dicks. just brush it off and don't worry about it. there are some people that will try and actually help you here and there. just gotta find us
For metal tones, I use my amp's high gain channel set to about 3, and a volume boost to tighten it.
It's so harmonically rich...
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
the uber metal sound good IMO into crappy 15 watt practice amp .. way bette than the metallic metal zone + uber metal has a noise gate which help a lot .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Some of the replies on this thread are patronising, smug and the TS deserved better. He was completely polite in his original post, it was perfectly readable too.

Stop being a bunch of retards and try and be helpful. If you aint got anything nice to say then don't bother posting. Maybe the best advice is to get a new amp, but don't insult the guy. Really, time to grow up.
Get the Uber Metal, take it out of the casing, solder it to your MT-2.

Uber Zone.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
You do not want either of those.

And I agree with what was said above, the flaming here is ridiculous. I don't mean this thread in particular.. General statement of UG lately. That's why I haven't posted as much as I used to outside of my regular threads..
Quote by AshersUK
Some of the replies on this thread are patronising, smug and the TS deserved better. He was completely polite in his original post, it was perfectly readable too.

Stop being a bunch of retards and try and be helpful. If you aint got anything nice to say then don't bother posting. Maybe the best advice is to get a new amp, but don't insult the guy. Really, time to grow up.

boo fecking hoo.
Its called tough love.
da greet mate.
Quote by Hogg111

its not that your amp sounds terrible (which it does), it's that both the pedals as well, sound terrible. neither will be better than the other. I would seriously listen to these guys and just save your money for a better amp.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I know lot of people told you to get a new amp in a unfriendly way, heres my opinion:

if you want a (sterile) sound like the mt-2 (i own one too and it IS sterile): keep it, so you dont need spend money... buying a new (sterile) highgain pedal wont increase your soundquality, it will only sound bad in another way...

and now i come to the amp topic:

go to a guitar store and play for example an boss ds through a twin reverb and a fender frontman 15 =(average distortion + good/poor amp)
then take the fender frontman and play the best and the worst distortion they have through it (good/poor dist + bad amp)

=>youll see: the best solution would be a new amp (not meant in an offending way its just the experience i made)

so if you dont wanna buy a new amp (yet) and want a bit more versatility for your sound, then spend some money for a zoom g2 multieffect for example, not that expensive (about as much as two distortion pedals) and you can tweak the sound a lot so youll probably get some tone that doesnt sound that bad, especially the metal tones are ok, i think thats what you are looking for and not some crunch or so
Last edited by derAlchemist at Sep 24, 2011,
Page 1 of 2